Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Tough badugi hand ($100-$200 at Rio)

As far as me playing in the 100 game, I am most defintly playing out of my bankroll. I started over with $500 in Feburary and have ran very well in order to build a solid bankroll for $30-60. All this talk of the good games got me out to vegas and so far im up very small. Taking one more shot tonight before I return to grind it up at 30 for ahwile.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Tough Badugi hand ($100-$200 at Rio)

How was the competition at Omaha? Who was at your tables? I've interested...

I killed the idea of BOT at my 100/200 tables because I know I was outclassed from the get go at O8, adding Badugi is swingy enough, I don't need to drop a ton playing O8 as an average player.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 11:29 PM

i only played one round of omaha at bellagio before game broke and saw one flop and had to check fold it.

First night was me, groth911t, death donkey, Noli Fransisco (spl?) , Victor Ramdin, and Paul Darden for ahwile.. Three triple draw addicts and three wpt final tablists isnt what i had in mind for a great game. Several other people played as well and made the game a bit better.

Second night was an older gentlemen named Tony i think who played well, Eskimo Clark for a bit, some guy named Crazy Larry (very bad), Three Asian players all of who played loose but not awful, and a few others i cant remember.

Bellagio game was Death donkey, his buddy, and a few other players I didnt know who all played reasonabley well for the hour i was in the game.

Ill pay more attention to everyones names if i play tonight.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i only played one round of omaha at bellagio before game broke and saw one flop and had to check fold it.

First night was me, groth911t, death donkey, Noli Fransisco (spl?) , Victor Ramdin, and Paul Darden for ahwile.. Three triple draw addicts and three wpt final tablists isnt what i had in mind for a great game. Several other people played as well and made the game a bit better.

Second night was an older gentlemen named Tony i think who played well, Eskimo Clark for a bit, some guy named Crazy Larry (very bad), Three Asian players all of who played loose but not awful, and a few others i cant remember.

Bellagio game was Death donkey, his buddy, and a few other players I didnt know who all played reasonabley well for the hour i was in the game.

Ill pay more attention to everyones names if i play tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without naming names, the first table sounded pretty good to me. Just stay out of DD's way because he can put a serious beating on ya. I have no clue about Victor, was he any good? groth911t is a solid player but not as tricky at DD can be. DD and I share the same understanding of Badugi for the most part so I know he plays that game pretty well also.

I used to play 1/2 NL with Noli at a private club in NYC. He can be rather aggravating to play against because he is so LAGGY but its hard to tell when he is getting out of line, he will constantly put you to the test (I would assume in TD a similar way that Can Kim Hua plays in my prior post). If so then Noli can either make the game very good, or VERY bad depending on the steam coming out of his opponent's ears.

In your opinion do you think BT or BOT mixed games are here to stay in Vegas? I will be going back to Vegas in a month or so with DD (that should make for some interesting games once again... last time we broke everyone at the table except for one guy who barely survived), I hope we can at least get a 80/160 game spread.

PS: Garth if you read this, PM me.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:06 PM

Yeah, I agree that the first table was best game out of the trip. I was pretty overwelmed playing triple and badugi live for the first time, and i think i played way too tight/ a little scared. I think Victor was the biggest soft spot but he was just having fun.

Noli made some crazy plays including check raising oop with QJ and standing pat. He also would bet queens in draw vs draw situations on river and got called by worse paint at least twice.

I just felt pretty outclassed during this trip and was lucky to make it out a small winner ($600 lol) It seems to me like theres a lot of interest in the BT mix and id be surprised if it didnt become even bigger in the next few years as more people get sick of holdem.

Ill be back out to vegas in two weeks and plan on playing a bit of the 40-80 mix at bellagio after i get a handle of Stud H/l Regular. No plans to play any higher than 40 for ahwile though.

Id be interested to hear a trip report from DD when he gets back.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:56 PM

I'll be in Vegas on the 24th, give me a holla if your still in town. At a minimum I'm sure we can spread 40/80 2-7 at the Wynn and have it packed with 2 hours notice.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 PM

Don't forget Noli 3 betting the turn in Badugi and standing pat vs a pat and a 1 draw and checking behind the river, offering to chop the pot 3 ways, then showing a 5 badugi !

Full trip report to follow if I ever go home.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-28-2006, 10:00 PM

WTF? Noli is wierd... but I guess you figured that out.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 PM

Is Noli the guy that looks like Yoda?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Noli the guy that looks like Yoda?

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy is NYC legend, he has been around for 25+ years playing at the Mayfair and the Diamond club.