Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 06:40 PM

Default Tough badugi hand ($100-$200 at Rio)

Live 100-200 game that wasnt too great. A very loose player raises and is called on button (seems pretty reasonable. Played TD compentently) . I defend my BB with 763 (okay ?)..

I draw 1 loose player (LP) draws two, button draws one. I check, LP bets, button and I call.. We all draw 1

I catch a 10-763 Badugi and bet, LP calls, button raises, I figure i have no choice but to 3 bet. LP folds, button calls, we both stand and I check...

Standard? It sucks to have to learn this game so high to play TD live but I actually have ran very very well so far and its covering up for the money ive lost in the 2-7 rounds.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Tough badugi hand ($100-$200 at Rio)

Your Badugi is rough, and above the median winning hand. Call and keep the third player in the hand, I don't see the need to increase your equity if behind by folding the third player. Stand pat, look week, and call call call all the way down. Cross your fingers that the button is standing rougher than you but odds say that he is probably not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PS: who was in the game?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 12:36 PM

The fact you and I were playing the same TD games like 6 months ago and youre rockin the 100s now is crazy man, congrats.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact you and I were playing the same TD games like 6 months ago and youre rockin the 100s now is crazy man, congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprisingly its not that much of a stretch if he has the bankroll for it, the live big games I have either played in or witnessed were all rather soft. Even most of the regulars in the 40/80 Bellagio mixed games are soft, there is only one person I'd consider solid.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:53 PM

Yea makes my mouth water, Ive heard a couple times that the 5/10 regulars on UB are tougher than the big (but not super big) live guys.

Hopefully I can just win some decent sized online tourney in the next few days and take a flight out to vegas to take a shot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea makes my mouth water, Ive heard a couple times that the 5/10 regulars on UB are tougher than the big (but not super big) live guys.

Hopefully I can just win some decent sized online tourney in the next few days and take a flight out to vegas to take a shot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1/2 regulars are tougher. Thats why I am often found in the lower games when I am multi-tabling hold'em at the same time. Its sad, its funny, its true.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 1/2 regulars are tougher. Thats why I am often found in the lower games when I am multi-tabling hold'em at the same time. Its sad, its funny, its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing 1-2 last fall with the OP. LOL, I remember we used to play so hard against each other and talk about DNs section in SS2, HAHA. Now he plays the real 1-2 and I play 2-4. I am jealous!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:29 PM

How much tougher are 100-200 BOT games at Commerce compared to this BT at the Rio?
Old 07-27-2006, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much tougher are 100-200 BOT games at Commerce compared to this BT at the Rio?

[/ QUOTE ]

Omaha makes it tougher, thats a game most of them know well, but TD and Badugi brings out the gamble in the opponents. Also you will find that the Rio games have a few semi-experts where as the Commerce game is a barren wasteland of LAGs.

I was offered a prop job at the Bike to keep their BOT game running, I'm not interested but it made me chuckle deep down inside.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:11 PM

I feel like i missed the boat on these "great" games. In two nights at rio the game has been rather bad with everyone playing pretty reasonable. A couple of crazy maniacs played short sessions but other than that there wasnt much being given up. I played 60-120 BOT at Bellagio last night and once again the game was pretty solid and broke by 9pm with me on the losing end.

Results on the hand: Button checks and curses at me when I show 107.. he flips up a 108 and mucks. I guess eliminating the third player isnt quite as important in badigi as it is in 2-7 so I can understand your point TT. Looks like i got very lucky on this hand.