Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Cowboys-Packers 29/11/07 : Time to talk smack

[ QUOTE ]
i live in a weird timezone and im too lazy try and figure out the time difference, so can anyone tell me how many hours till kickoff? i have NFL on my tv schedule but it doesnt mention which game.(could be a repeat of some game for all i know) thx..

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's about 4.5 hours away
Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 PM

It's at 8:15pm eastern, which is a little more than 4.5 hours from now.

I ordered NFL network yesterday and plan on canceling tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression from that thread that people were just pissed they had to pay 5 bucks a month extra to get the channel. I am pissed it isnt even an option. If that was nationally televised it would be the highest rated show on television tonight, it is fairly criminal for comcast not to show this to us because they want to push the vs. network imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm not positive about this but i'm pretty sure 3/4 cable companies don't carry nfl network or sunday ticket b/c they didn't want to pay the nfl the price they were demanding to carry it. i know time warner (formerly comcast) down here in socal definitely doesn't.

but i also think it was something shady like the nfl demanded all this money from these cable companies to carry nfl network, and they were like eff you this is a worthless channel. like 1 or 2 companies actually signed the deal, then the nfl came out and announced they were going to be showing a bunch of games exclusively on that channel.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I ordered NFL network yesterday and plan on canceling tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-29-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression from that thread that people were just pissed they had to pay 5 bucks a month extra to get the channel. I am pissed it isnt even an option. If that was nationally televised it would be the highest rated show on television tonight, it is fairly criminal for comcast not to show this to us because they want to push the vs. network imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm not positive about this but i'm pretty sure 3/4 cable companies don't carry nfl network or sunday ticket b/c they didn't want to pay the nfl the price they were demanding to carry it. i know time warner (formerly comcast) down here in socal definitely doesn't.

but i also think it was something shady like the nfl demanded all this money from these cable companies to carry nfl network, and they were like eff you this is a worthless channel. like 1 or 2 companies actually signed the deal, then the nfl came out and announced they were going to be showing a bunch of games exclusively on that channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunday ticket is an exclusive with DirectTV.

NFL Network wants to be on the basic package for all cable / satelite companies. They also want a ton of money (I think more than ESPN to do so) for all basic customers. The cable companies don't want to have to up their basic package price to overcome the large amount of money they want.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunday ticket is an exclusive with DirectTV.

NFL Network wants to be on the basic package for all cable / satelite companies. They also want a ton of money (I think more than ESPN to do so) for all basic customers. The cable companies don't want to have to up their basic package price to overcome the large amount of money they want.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah this is basically it. what i was saying happened before the season started, but even after not signing the deal the cable companies still could have negotiated and gotten nfl network before the thursday and saturday games started. whats keeping things at the table is what capone just outlined. i found an article that pretty much sums it up.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/22/comm...sbiz/index.htm
Old 11-29-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On ESPN radio this morning, the hosts were saying something about being able to watch this game online. Anyone know anything about this? I wasn't clear whether it was a pay-per service, or something quasi-legal, but they said they weren't going to mention the name of the website...but they talked about it like it was fairly well-known. Anyone help me out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got an e-mail from my fantasy league manager today saying you can go to http://www.nfl.com/live to watch the game for free but I can't guarantee it.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM

I live in Santa Ana, CA. Pop of 350K+ and my cable provider (Time Warner) does not carry NFL Network. As a Packer fan, this is putting me on like uber monkey tilt
Old 11-29-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On ESPN radio this morning, the hosts were saying something about being able to watch this game online. Anyone know anything about this? I wasn't clear whether it was a pay-per service, or something quasi-legal, but they said they weren't going to mention the name of the website...but they talked about it like it was fairly well-known. Anyone help me out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got an e-mail from my fantasy league manager today saying you can go to http://www.nfl.com/live to watch the game for free but I can't guarantee it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just a highlight show. A pretty damn good highlight show, but not the live game.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Santa Ana, CA. Pop of 350K+ and my cable provider (Time Warner) does not carry NFL Network. As a Packer fan, this is putting me on like uber monkey tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I just got your avatar. nh sir, top 3 on this site for sure.