Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Default Re: 5/1 OOP Floating with Gutty on New Site

[ QUOTE ]
against certain opponents who 3-bet light and get aggro postflop I might call behind with a set on this board hoping he puts me on a draw and shoves a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
You should push a set here because 1) that's the way to play to make him put you on a draw, 2) that way you're getting value from 99+ before the turn screws his hand. Now you balance this by pushing T9s.

I just can't see calling any hand here being good except maybe with like TT/99ish hands vs very predictable players. Or with strong hands vs aggro retards. None of these opponents you need to mix it up vs.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 AM

It doesn't matter if someone puts you on a draw or not if you push and they have air.

Once again, though, I shove this flop. I'm just saying that I don't think it is inconcievable that you could work floating in this spot into a broader approach that enabled you to exploit certain opponents. I personally don't do it much, but someone with a different metagame could.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 PM

For people that either shove or fold these flops. What are you doing on slightly dryer boards with a lot of showdown value, but will be crushed if they call a push?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For people that either shove or fold these flops. What are you doing on slightly dryer boards with a lot of showdown value, but will be crushed if they call a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoving.

Or just folding pf
Old 11-14-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if someone puts you on a draw or not if you push and they have air.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, my point was it takes an aggro retard for calling the flop to induce a turn bluff to outweight the cons of calling.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends. I'm fine with calling the flop with AJs on a A93r-flop for example. I'm probably pushing JJ on a 852r-flop with TT.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends. I'm fine with calling the flop with AJs on a A93r-flop for example. I'm probably pushing JJ on a 852r-flop with TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should've clarified the situation where it's likely they're only drawing to 2 outs if you're ahead, and there's little to no scare cards.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 PM

look at you ninja bumping this 4 days later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
look at you ninja bumping this 4 days later. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was looking through the last few posts I made in ssnl on a cold snowy wintery football night.

edit also this wasnt my hand, it was another ssnl'er that played it meant to embarass the person with the floated gutshot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]