Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Doin Good

I still think he will perform better then polls on election day. He has so much support from young people, and they don't really show up on that stuff.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: The Ron Paul Fundraising Challenge

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How the hell are you going to catch up with Hillary? Things look bleak; better start robbing banks, it is only way to keep up with the Clinton's.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm selling a delicious half-pound burger made of sizzling fresh kobe beef, I don't necessarily need to worry about out advertising McDonald's.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a sizzling fresh kobe beef to you. And the majority prefers the bland, conveyor-belt burger with its comforting sameness. So you do need to be worried about McDonald's much more than you think. Time to send in the plumbers and do some damage.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say I wasn't worried about McDonald's? I think there's probably no significant chance that Paul ends up beating Hilary, so I'm very worried of "McDonalds." But if I'm confident in my product then I needn't catch McDonald's in "advertising" to catch them in "sales." See the cute little analogy there?

(By "catch up" I assumed you meant in terms of money, since you mentioned robbing banks.)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 PM

Polls aren't capable of factoring this sort of thing in as well as we all can predict it?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW the campaign doesn't buy into any of the talk that the polls are not reflective of reality. On the other hand, they have come from this position (polling at 6%) and won before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I seem to recall a recent Ron Paul interview (perhaps after the last fox debate?) when RP mentioned that his name wasn't often included in the national polls. I wish I could remember exactly where I heard him say this and find a link. Do you know the interview I'm talking about from what I've given you Boro? And if so, how does that jive with the above quote?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pjp5ngebo84 @ 4:28
Old 10-30-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The real key is NH, supposedly they are moving the date up again. Also looks like all Pauls money is going there. For the first time I've seen him make some serious gains in traditional polls: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...-new-hampshire

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really a gain. They just didn't exclude non-Republicans. Now if they can only somehow count those who hang up on pollsters we'll be set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really interested in knowing why you think hangups are more likely to be Paul supporters. I think the opposite would be true. IMO, Paul supporters are more likely to answer the poll questions because they know that poll numbers are important to the campaign. I would hang up on a government agency polling me but not an election poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno about you, but I hang up on them long before they get to the point where I would know what they're polling for.

"Hi, we're conducting a poll for..."

*click*
Old 10-30-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW the campaign doesn't buy into any of the talk that the polls are not reflective of reality. On the other hand, they have come from this position (polling at 6%) and won before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I seem to recall a recent Ron Paul interview (perhaps after the last fox debate?) when RP mentioned that his name wasn't often included in the national polls. I wish I could remember exactly where I heard him say this and find a link. Do you know the interview I'm talking about from what I've given you Boro? And if so, how does that jive with the above quote?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a few months back if I recall correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually after the most recent debate like a week ago.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a few months back if I recall correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was actually after the most recent debate like a week ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. My information did not come from Dr. Paul.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:04 AM

The one thing I wonder about is election rigging ... are these things now setup to computer voting or is it still done by hand ? If Bush could steal 2 elections who's to say RP couldn't get ripped off in the end =(
Old 10-31-2007, 02:27 AM

How did Bush steal any elections?

Fundraiser threads of any kind are no longer permitted forum wide.
Closed Thread