Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

that KK as top boat thread is a classic, up there with sweet suicide, although both apply to basically irrelevant situations in today's games, they're still worth reading just for the logic of the thread.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd call with TT+

[/ QUOTE ]

but you're mucking 99? guess you aren't god after all, sir

[/ QUOTE ]

tying for the pot is so lame. aejones is balla enough that he can muck a chop because aejones doesn't split mother [censored] pots.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 PM

I am snap-calling 7x+.

Just out of curiosity: those who even consider folding 44 say it only to fill up this thread, or would you actually consider folding it in a live game against anything but an ultra-tight nut peddler after a super-read? And if you'd consider a fold, then how big are your lifetime poker losses (or wins?)?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, just wanted a quick snapshot of what people think. Tight guy showed a 4 and mucked and old fish triumphantly tabled...
99!

Everyone at the table thought he was a total fish and they were looking forward to taking his money. Me and the other guy in the hand just stared at him in awe and realization of what a sick play he just made.

Nobody saw it coming when he tabled his bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you give this as a read: "The small blind requires some explanation. He's a donk, but he's not playing crazy. He's one of those guys who thinks that playing tight is enough to make him not that bad so he generally plays postflop without much of a clue other than "don't call it off with nothing." " I mean what do you expect people to say? Obviously the read was way off.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, just wanted a quick snapshot of what people think. Tight guy showed a 4 and mucked and old fish triumphantly tabled...
99!

Everyone at the table thought he was a total fish and they were looking forward to taking his money. Me and the other guy in the hand just stared at him in awe and realization of what a sick play he just made.

Nobody saw it coming when he tabled his bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you give this as a read: "The small blind requires some explanation. He's a donk, but he's not playing crazy. He's one of those guys who thinks that playing tight is enough to make him not that bad so he generally plays postflop without much of a clue other than "don't call it off with nothing." " I mean what do you expect people to say? Obviously the read was way off.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the bump but i've been out in the woods for a couple days and no internet access.

yeah, my read was way off. so was everybody else's at the table. it just goes to show you the unpredictability of poker that somebody who's playing for hours in one fashion makes a move that is totally out of line with what anybody would expect. it's like the guy at your table that plays 14/12 for a couple hours then calls off his stack with 9 high or the calling station fish that folds the second nuts to you on the river: your read of a player will never actually encompass nor prepare you for every decision he'll ever make, and sometimes people take actions that are way out of character.

p.s. i'm drunk whudup
Old 10-21-2007, 07:12 PM

Hi FF,

I need 74 to call; no way I call with a bare 7 there. But it's funny, because except for the river play, everything else points to a small overpair by the player you described (before you knew he was sickkkkkkkk): no raise pf but c/r flop (never a set or better since fish would pretty much always just call there, and they have no clue that building the pot w/ 99 is a bad plan here), then give up the lead on the turn even though he was obv never bluffing with the flop c/r. His bluff is beyond amazing, though. I can't believe you wouldn't call with bottom quads, though, because I just don't think a fish like you described ever checkraises the flop with 56c.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because I just don't think a fish like you described ever checkraises the flop with 56c.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just don't think this is true, not much else to say really.

and yeah, obviously 47 is a call (should've said that earlier but i would have assumed it's obvious).
Old 10-21-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. i'm drunk whudup

[/ QUOTE ]

wud uppp
Old 10-21-2007, 08:08 PM

sup