Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 09-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Paperchamp\'s NFL Week 4

[ QUOTE ]
Intangibles are for media and squares.

[/ QUOTE ]
While this may be true a large amount of the time, there's no way you can say it so definitively.

For example, according to one of the sharpest cappers I know:[ QUOTE ]
NFL is much easier to cap than college - not in terms of wins and losses, but in terms of going through a systematic approach because college is more about picking the best team to win, and NFL is more about public percentages and finding out which of these overpaid [censored] are more motivated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-29-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to do wong teasers improperly then yes, you are fool. It's a simple strategy that works. Everyone else has done the research, all you have to do is follow the rules and collect your monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything about doing Wong teasers "improperly". I have read statements in the past on this forum which implied that it was indisputable fact that anyone making any sort of teaser bet other than a Wong teaser is a fool, and that's just ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a very good post from Crockpot about psychology and it's impact in sports that illustrates exactly what I'm talking about in the NFL. Hope this helps some of you. Hyping intangibles is for media and squares and is not useful in sports betting (ok, maybe in fading it is).

http://resultsdisoriented.blogspot.c...ibles-etc.html

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a nice blog and all, but it has next to nothing to do with what I am talking about.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a very good post from Crockpot about psychology and it's impact in sports that illustrates exactly what I'm talking about in the NFL. Hope this helps some of you. Hyping intangibles is for media and squares and is not useful in sports betting (ok, maybe in fading it is).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a nice blog and all, but it has next to nothing to do with what I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mentioned psychology. Additionally, that's what the majority of this thread has been about. Pretty relevant if you ask me.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Hey all micro sports better here, havent really been around this site much, but I am wondering what everyone feels about the Steelers -6 1/2 @ arizona...watching them the past few weeks they've looked amazing..anyone got advice on this line...thanks
Old 09-29-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all micro sports better here, havent really been around this site much, but I am wondering what everyone feels about the Steelers -6 1/2 @ arizona...watching them the past few weeks they've looked amazing..anyone got advice on this line...thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome...read as many threads as you can, you'll find this place to be a big help in the information dept.

as for the steelers, i'm on them from earlier in the week at (-6), but only for 1 unit, and with hines out, i'm still up in the air about how sure i am about it now..
Old 09-29-2007, 09:13 PM

what's up with NE Pats now at -9 at beted?
Old 09-30-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]That's a nice blog and all, but it has next to nothing to do with what I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ] You mentioned psychology. Additionally, that's what the majority of this thread has been about. Pretty relevant if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to split hairs with you, but that blog you posted is just some other guys opinion, on its face worth as much as mine or yours. There isn't a fact to be found in it. And all he is saying anyway is that he thinks Vince Young isn't in reality anywhere near as 'clutch' as Tony Kornheiser thinks. But so what??
Old 09-30-2007, 12:59 AM

no you misunderstood, he agrees that VY is clutch but that this natural god given ability to perform under pressure is way overrated by the media and consequently the public.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:56 AM

Well, not a very good weekend for me. Hopefully I can try and turn it around. Thankfully I got a wong teaser and the BSP pick from Natedogg so the weekend wasn't a total disaster for me personally.

New YTD

4-9-1
-12.1u

P.S. There was a typo in my GB/MINN bet. It read 2.6u to win 2u at (-125) when it should have read 2.5u to win 2u.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no you misunderstood, he agrees that VY is clutch but that this natural god given ability to perform under pressure is way overrated by the media and consequently the public.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also coming from one of the best cappers on the board. So it's not just "some guy".