Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:51 AM

Default Re: How about 2-5?

[ QUOTE ]
I've only played 2/5 at the Bellagio once, but it seemed tougher to me. People there were at least pretending to be good. Ex. People were waiting til it was their action to look at their cards, one lady was telling me how she mucked pocket Ks PF, and some guy said his friend was playing over in the high limit area and was coaching him.

IMO Wynn>>Bellagio in terms of softness.
Bellagio games are capped though, if that makes a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, simply 100% wrong...Bellagio 2/5 is wayyy softer than Wynn 2/5...DUCY?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM

Bellagio
Wynn
Venetian

...in that order.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Best 5-10 NL Game in Vegas

Thx for all advise, What i ended up doing....

Played in the 10-20 at Bellagio on Saturday in the day time, as someone mentioned, it was a great game. Started by getting stuck 4K, but ended up winning 3.5K.

Played the 5-10 at Caesars on Sunday and ended up 1K after not playing my best (blame on drinking). Game was not very juicy at all, and pretty much broke at 11:00 pM.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 AM

Well, just for the sake of completeness...

Decided to take a shot at the 5/10 at the Venetian yesterday(Labor Day), as my "normal" game is the 2/5, but wanted to try it out while out in Vegas this trip ...

I bought in for $1k (it's uncapped) and I was one of the smaller stacks. The game was incredibly soft early on and had 3 tourists (not including myself here, obv) that were there to gamble, 4 obvious pros who were decent, but nothing so write home about, and 2 "avg" guys that I'd say were tourists who knew what they were doing.

After playing for about 1.5-2 hours, I had tripled up to $3k or so and found the game getting pretty deep. A couple of the donators left and 2 of the pros rebought for @ $8k each and at that point, it was getting a little uncomfortable for me, so I booked my win and called it a day (for the 5/10 at the "V" anyway).

Apparently, according to the regs at the table, the game got stupid deep @ 11pm nightly when avg stack is $10k or so.

Overall, the game is really not too bad (at least it was when I was in it). I'm not saying it's easy, just that it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The regs/pros were solid and would attack weakness, as you might expect, but it's nothing that a solid player should fear.

BTW, any of you guys playing in that game with me on Monday @ mid-afternoon/evening time?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Played in the 10-20 at Bellagio on Saturday in the day time, as someone mentioned, it was a great game. Started by getting stuck 4K, but ended up winning 3.5K.

Played the 5-10 at Caesars on Sunday and ended up 1K after not playing my best (blame on drinking). Game was not very juicy at all, and pretty much broke at 11:00 pM.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much did you buyin for the 10/20 with? I'm curious, because I'm thinking about moving up to the 10/20 game. What did it usually cost to see the flop?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 AM

Depends on time and day. You see people buy-in from the min $800-$20k. I usually sit w/ $2k to see how the game is and then add 4or 5. Typically you'll see people sitting 3-8k. Cost to see the flop depends on the game. Typical openings are 60-120 if it's not limped.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've only played 2/5 at the Bellagio once, but it seemed tougher to me. People there were at least pretending to be good. Ex. People were waiting til it was their action to look at their cards, one lady was telling me how she mucked pocket Ks PF, and some guy said his friend was playing over in the high limit area and was coaching him.

IMO Wynn>>Bellagio in terms of softness.
Bellagio games are capped though, if that makes a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, simply 100% wrong...Bellagio 2/5 is wayyy softer than Wynn 2/5...DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely retract my statement after this past weekend. Bellagio is way softer than the Wynn. This wasn't the case my previous two trips, but after the one I give it to Bellagio hands down. I would go so far as to say the Wynn during the day isn't really soft at all at 2/5. It's beatable, but not a cakewalk. I will now be playing pretty much exclusively at Bellagio from here on out.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I completely retract my statement after this past weekend. Bellagio is way softer than the Wynn. This wasn't the case my previous two trips,

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying it changes from one visit to another.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! The players today won't be the same ones there next week/month/year.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much did you buyin for the 10/20 with? I'm curious, because I'm thinking about moving up to the 10/20 game. What did it usually cost to see the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure that it varies a ton.. The day I played, I sat with 6K and was a little above avg.(avg around 4-5K) stack. Standard preflop raise was $120 or so. But keep in mind I played from 10am to 7pm. labor day weekend. SO I am sure that it gets much crazier as the night goes on.