Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 08-07-2007, 06:44 PM

Default two pair facing a turn raise

villain is 21/17. notes are he is an aggresive player. able to raise with draws/air at times. however, i dont know if he is a winning player or not. i just sat down, but ive played with him before. so if he remembers me he prolly remembers i was a 28/23-ish lag player. i think given the hand, its safe to say he never has two pair/set/straight here.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $546.00
BB: $400.00
UTG: $514.00
MP: $444.90
Hero (CO): $406.00
BTN: $433.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, BTN calls $14.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $26.00</font>, BTN calls $26.00

Turn: ($86) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $66.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $168.00</font>, Hero
Old 08-07-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: two pair facing a turn raise

if you bet the turn, imo it should be either because you have a pretty easy fold or a pretty easy all-in. if you're not sure what to do i'd rather play for pot control. even if he calls your turn bet you won't know where you're at. as played i'd shove though
Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 PM

I think it's a fold. A lot of his semibluffs have great equity against you even if you are ahead, and a lot of the time you'll be drawing to 4 outs.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a fold. A lot of his semibluffs have great equity against you even if you are ahead, and a lot of the time you'll be drawing to 4 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

given bet sizing i do not think this is a situation where if we shove, we'll get called by a big draw. if he wanted to do that i think he might have made it look more like he's committed. i think he's got a flush (maybe set) or some mediocre made hand he turned into a bluff to take us off one pair
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you bet the turn, imo it should be either because you have a pretty easy fold or a pretty easy all-in. if you're not sure what to do i'd rather play for pot control. even if he calls your turn bet you won't know where you're at. as played i'd shove though

[/ QUOTE ]

josh, i think this is a forced turn bet. i basically have to bet because my hand is so vulnerable.

also if he would call my turn bet and a safe card comes on the river id be pretty sure im ahead.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:32 PM

I gotta fold. You look very strong here, and he has to realize you are probably going to get your stack in on the turn if your overpair happens to contain a spade, so his raise is for value almost all the time here, leaving you dead to 4 outs or less.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his is a real tough spot and to be honest I never quite know what to do in these situations, could someone offer some more insight on this hand? The flush imo would cause me to fold asap. But sometimes i see this occur when the board is draw.

I dont know if its a real good idea to build a monster pot with 64 os and would probably aim for pot control right?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:51 PM

push, ship the moneys
Old 08-07-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
push, ship the moneys

[/ QUOTE ]