Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 09:50 PM

Default musltiway pf situation vs varying stack sizes

here's a situation that I thought a lot of diff things could go down depending on what I did in the hand.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $16.10
UTG+1: $5
CO: $14.65
Button: $24.75
Guruman: $41.95
BB: $23.55

Pre-flop: (6 players) Guruman is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Guruman calls $0.9 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $2.6)</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

this is obv the decision point in the hand, but there are tons of factors to consider. I have everyone covered here, and a pretty ok hand. UTG1 may have isolated a limper with a wideish range, and button had both position and better odds to make a call with. Also, button's call is in the range of the 5/T rule which button may or may not be explicitly adhering to, but it at least makes intuitive sense with a wider range as well.

I'm clearly going to be a fav vs UTG1 if we can get all in hu, and the dead money overlay means that I don't even have to be doing that well for it to be profitable. The problem is that I'm not last to act, and if I commit to a big pf raise I still risk running into a big hand out of UTG or button, in which case I'll be forced to get a much bigger chunk of my stack in and as an underdog instead of a fav.

My other option is to call and look to stack one of the two deeper players posftlop when I hit hard. My position will make flopping one pr a little difficult in a pot this size, but I'm much more likely to get it in vs the deeper stacks as a fav if I wait to see how my own hand develops.

In the end I decide to make the call, but it may well have been the wrong move.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.25, 4 players)
Guruman checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $4</font>, Button folds, Guruman ...

again, great odds, ok hand, not last to act. The positional disadvantage may be enough to force the fold even though I'm probably still ahead of the only hand that's been aggro in the hand so far.

thoughts?

Results:
Final pot: $4.25
Old 08-01-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: musltiway pf situation vs varying stack sizes

he's potted it in a 4-way raised pot, you have 2 overs and no other draw, how are those great odds?

i like pf re-raise. AQs is a standard re-raising hand and as you say you want to get it ai vs the short stack. you risk 'running into a big hand' every time you 3-bet without the nuts, but in this case it seems quite unlikely given that utg just limped and button cold-called

(sorry don't mean to sound like i'm sniping you but i just don't really understand your logic)
Old 08-01-2007, 10:22 PM

i can live with both the call and the raise preflop, but post-flop is pretty easy. you called with good odds oop and took a 4way flop. you missed. you're done.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:15 PM

I'm not putting another dime in on this flop. No pair, no draw, no more money in.