Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 05-07-2007, 06:45 PM

Default Mini-trip report, the new poker room at T-Stone . . . .

After taking about a 8 month break from serious poker, I took a drive down the NYS Thruway to the Stone. They have a new poker room, which I guess has been up and running for about a year or so, give or take.

I was very impressed. The tables are spread out nicely, and the dealers now (finally) get to keep their own tokes, greatly improving the speed of the game.

On Saturday nite, there was one 20-40 game goin', and it got shorthanded after awhile and lasted 'til 3:00 a.m. or so. A lot of fun to see old faces and some fishy new ones, and I quit about 5 racks to the good.

The main problem with T-stone is that it is located in Central New York, which is kind of a depressed location. Not much $ being thrown around, so there are really no decent limit games to be had above 20-40, ever (except during large tourneys).

It was nice to actually get back to playing poker again. I got tied up with work and screwin' around with several problem women, and I lost focus on what really matters in life: winning cash.

I wish they had a 50-100 or 1-2 game there at least once a week like on a fri. or sat. nite, but it is not to be, i guess.

I will definitely be down there on Thurs. and Sat. night, so if anyone is in town and wants to play some, I'll see ya there.

TSP
Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Mini-trip report, the new poker room at T-Stone . . . .

When did the dealers stop being able to keep their own tips? I haven't played there in 4 or 5 years, but they used to keep their own tips. Does anybody remember the big white room they used to call their poker room?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was nice to actually get back to playing poker again. I got tied up with work and screwin' around with several problem women, and I lost focus on what really matters in life: winning cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

"There's gotta be a better way to put that."
Old 05-07-2007, 07:59 PM

You won either $2500 or $5000 in a 20/40 game in one night? Yeah, it must be nice to finish up four buy-ins the first time playing poker in a year.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I quit about 5 racks to the good.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys play with dollar chips ???
Old 05-07-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You won either $2500 or $5000 in a 20/40 game in one night? Yeah, it must be nice to finish up four buy-ins the first time playing poker in a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

2.5k. What can I say? I run goot.

TSP
Old 05-07-2007, 10:00 PM

50/100 may run there this week, probably Friday night if it does. last tournament I was at there, had a full 50/100 table going most of the night
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM

I was playing 3 handed with you for a while. I managed to keep paying you off weak and not folding. You played really good i dont think i was a favorite when we were 3 handed. Anyways nice playing with you .
Ben
Old 05-08-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing 3 handed with you for a while. I managed to keep paying you off weak and not folding. You played really good i dont think i was a favorite when we were 3 handed. Anyways nice playing with you .
Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

It was nice playing with you too, Ben. I thought you played a real good game, making much thinner but still +ev value bets than anyone else in the game. Thought you might be a 2+2er.

I ran sick-hot after awhile. The nice thing about when games at T-stone get shorthanded (which is kinda rare) is that the regulars there aren't real familiar with it and usually only play when stuck.

Maybe I'll see ya this weekend,

TSP
Old 05-08-2007, 12:28 PM

TSP Theres a lot of us tourney donks here this week Im sure the bigger LHE games will be going or the 300min will play big if you like.