Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Value bet this river?

[ QUOTE ]
you guys honestly think you're usually best for some reason and that he calls a raise, don't you

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he went for a check raise on the turn with a straight and is trying to make up value with the overbet (or just made the straight)? I think the quality of player in this level tourney can make a small raise profitable, I just don't know if its the best line. Either way my first reaction was to raise.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:19 PM

This is a bluff or a better hand than yours a lot more often than it is K2. Call, and I might even venture to say that folding > raising.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:19 PM

You gotta raise. I lost a similar argument earlier and learned I was totally wrong. You have to raise here because soooo many hands that you crush will call you, especially the way it was played.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta raise. I lost a similar argument earlier and learned I was totally wrong. You have to raise here because soooo many hands that you crush will call you, especially the way it was played.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these hands that just overbet the river, after the flop and turn were checked through, and will call a raise that don't beat our set?

Steve
Old 06-08-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are these hands that just overbet the river, after the flop and turn were checked through, and will call a raise that don't beat our set?

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Any and all random two pair that overbet the river in the first place to get badly played one pair hands (K no kicker) to call?

This is "early in a $10 tournament, no reads." I'm jacking it to $900.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:19 PM

It is definitely +EV to bump it here. You get lots of random 2 pr, and some one prs to call here no one is going to think you have a set. If someone played a set like this w/ the possibility of a flush draw out there, more power to them, but I doubt that is the case. 90% of the time you have the best hand and if they are going to call 318 (???) they should call $900 (maybe not weak prs, but 2 prs will definitely call, except the OR who will probably call, and we can't think the SB will call so we have to gun for the OR w/ a raise).