Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Insane HH from Niagara 10k involving THE Vanessa Rousso (and Shani

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw preflop is really bad, and i love how ppl use "its deepstacked" as an excuse to play horribly bad preflop poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand why raising here is so bad? i'd raise here every time, especially in a live tourney since it's so boring. is it because we are really really deep? would you raise 74s here with 100-200 bbs? what sc's would you raise in this spot 400bbs deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

what would be the purpose of your raise? If you'd raise here everytime, you must be opening about 90% of pots, which is obviously not good. just because we're deep doesn't make preflop irrelevant or mean that you can just throw chips in. every time you feel like it. I feel like a lot of tournament players perceive 400bbs as an infinitely deep stack because they're used to playing with 20-30bbs or whatever. Raising 47s here isn't a horrible large spew but it's still not a good play, so why do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure how u determine from me raising 74s that I open 90% of pots from utg+1. i'm probably opening something like

22+,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,J9s+,T7s+,96s+,85s+,74s+,64s+,5 4s,43s,AJo+,KQo

maybe a few more suited connectors and maybe A9s. That's less than 20% of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to get better at poker dan, you should stop playing 17% of hands utg. And we both know that your listed range is [censored] and u raise at least 20 more hands than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of a single depth at which that preflop raising range is totally solid.

You're obv good at poker, but for the love of god if everyone on this forum just played like 30k hands of nl cash for a month instead of 8-tabling 100 FOs and [censored].

Jesus, MTT's might actually become difficult.