Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Stars has an overlay ...

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent graph, but we are in August, 2007 so there is some more data, particularly regarding the UIGEA effect.

[/ QUOTE ]
but that would disprove what he is trying to say, so why would he go and do a thing like that?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent graph, but we are in August, 2007 so there is some more data, particularly regarding the UIGEA effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently there are around 7K players every week and there was no noticable drop in numbers over time.
Although once JJ&Crew got banned I expect a 25% decline.

The UIGEA did hit hard only my favorite limit donknaments like Stud8b or omaha8b and they run now with only 1/3 of entrants comparing to previous year.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Sciolist, any chance you can post the full thing or just link us to a downloadable copy?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The point was that the numbers didn't drop when it became clear that multi accounters were going to get in trouble. And someone said earlier that that was the case.

As for the numbers now, you can look in the client in two hours thirty minutes. If you want all the numbers so far, look at the pokerdb.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but that would disprove what he is trying to say, so why would he go and do a thing like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

vs.

[ QUOTE ]
um... this was pretty much proved the weeks following the ZJ/JJ debacle. hundreds of players suddenly stopped playing mtts. Of course, lets pretend that's because they were concerned of the ability of others to multiaccount so they stopped with the online pokers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am pretty happy that I've proved my point. If you'd care to accept a friendly wager that the general trend is upwards from that point until today, I am interested.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 PM

don't mess with sciolist