Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Spew or briliant (30 dollar buy in)??

[ QUOTE ]
SUB,
Don't be sorry. Leveling does not belong in the MTT strategy forums. Take it to BBV escape.

OP,
This is a bad play without reads. With reads it could be an excellent play or it could still be a bad play. Regardless, you should not have raised to 900 preflop unless you had a specific plan of action in case one of the limpers shoved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I get out pretty quickly after the limper wakes up. But what about his play? Do any of you guys ever limp AQ after two limpers? I never do, unless I'm certain someone will raise after me and try to steal from the limpers, and even then I still raise the first time around quite often. I see this type of play sometimes, and it seems fishy...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SUB,
Don't be sorry. Leveling does not belong in the MTT strategy forums. Take it to BBV escape.

OP,
This is a bad play without reads. With reads it could be an excellent play or it could still be a bad play. Regardless, you should not have raised to 900 preflop unless you had a specific plan of action in case one of the limpers shoved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I get out pretty quickly after the limper wakes up. But what about his play? Do any of you guys ever limp AQ after two limpers? I never do, unless I'm certain someone will raise after me and try to steal from the limpers, and even then I still raise the first time around quite often. I see this type of play sometimes, and it seems fishy...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a very simple plan to fold if UTG wakes up, my hand is pretty worthless against other big stacks. And I assumed that the 3rd limper has AQ AK like never, his most likely holding is 44-88 given the action, maybe QJ, KQ suited.

I mean he probably smelled that there is something fishy about this hand and decided to go all in to flip for the triple up.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 AM

Neither UTG or UTG+1 should be calling your iso shove here very often given how they've played their hands so far. I think vs. MP3's range you have enough equity w/ all this dead money out there from the two EP limpers to make this play +EV in general. I'd say his range is something like 77-TT, AJ+, KQs.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then something very starnge happens two limpers call and MP3 goes all-in. I assumed that he has probably a small pair with which he intended to setmine but then because he doesnt get right odds he decided to gambool so I shoved over the top to isolate.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what it looks like to me... and you have him covered. This is very occasionally a slow played AA too. I think it's a good play.

The only thing that looks spewy is the initial raise with AJo... not a hand I like (but it's borderline and arguable) and some people will think you semi-loose for raising it... so this play does affect your image. To me I would note you more loose and more aggresive. Maybe this is why you got shoved on?
Old 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just don't like posts that show results when it's totally not needed and can shape the responses made. That's why I made my response. I thought it was obv I was joking around about the results-oriented part.

[/ QUOTE ]

your post was fine ... and I agree about the results thing
Old 07-31-2007, 01:56 PM

Location: I can\'t walk through the park cause it\'s crazy after dark...

This is completely standard....I'm surprised people are treating it like it's some kind of play....
Your raise to 900 was fine...and when he shoves you're getting odds to call with nearly any two....
His range here consists of mainly of small pairs...