Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 02:59 AM

Default 67o in SB

First hand post. I appreciate comments on all streets.

10-20 live in AC. I'm down about $300 in the session, starting to feel a sense of doom. 10 handed. I have 67o in SB. 4 players limp, I complete, BB checks. Pot is 6SB.

Flop - T 8 5, (two spades, I have none). Checked to tight UTG+2, who bets. 1 fold. MP (only player in hand that is not at least ok) raises. CO cold calls. I cold call. BB folds. UTG+2 closes the action. 14SB.

Turn - 9 (no spade). I check. UTG+2 bets. MP folds. CO raises. I 3-bet. UTG+2 folds. CO caps. I call.

River blank. I check and call.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 AM

Default Re: 67o in SB

I don't like 3-betting the turn. You're going to shut out the player you're beating, and get heads-up with the player who may be beating you. Once CO caps the turn, you pretty much know you're screwed, but you probably have to call down anyway...which is why the 3-bet is no good. Just call the turn, keep the other player in, and hope CO just has a set or something.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:38 AM

I agree, but I maybe do not like the call on the flop. The 2 spades make you think about the 9 and 5. Are they outs? I think the 9 can be neglected as an out since QJ is a very possible hand (and of course because of the spades). so we are left with 3,5(5 of spades 1/2 out?) outs for a win.
2/11 to call 3,5/47 + 3,5/46 to win/tie. Maybe a fold could be best at this point. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, just thinking out loud.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand post. I appreciate comments on all streets.

10-20 live in AC. I'm down about $300 in the session, starting to feel a sense of doom. 10 handed. I have 67o in SB. 4 players limp, I complete, BB checks. Pot is 6SB.

Flop - T 8 5, (two spades, I have none). Checked to tight UTG+2, who bets. 1 fold. MP (only player in hand that is not at least ok) raises. CO cold calls. I cold call. BB folds. UTG+2 closes the action. 14SB.

Turn - 9 (no spade). I check. UTG+2 bets. MP folds. CO raises. I 3-bet. UTG+2 folds. CO caps. I call.

River blank. I check and call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would consider folding the flop getting 5.5/1 on what may well be a six outer with the initial (tight) better still to act.

After getting capped on the turn, it seems you likely lost to JQ (and thus are posting this hand!), but you have to call down, of course, unless somehow you had a read that the capper is an extraordinary nit who would never cap w/ here w/ worse than the nuts.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:47 PM

It's too expensive to call the flop,imo.The only 3 cards that you really like are 4h,4c,&4d,& if you do hit one of these lovely cards on the turn,you may still get rivered.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:01 PM

Fold the flop. River play is fine.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:42 PM

fold preflop
Old 11-28-2006, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

For half a bet?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

For half a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't finish:

For half a bet... in the worst post flop position w/a severely dominated hand that has large reverse implied odds and is difficult to play as first to act after the flop.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

For half a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't finish:

For half a bet... in the worst post flop position w/a severely dominated hand that has large reverse implied odds and is difficult to play as first to act after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, this game is really soft. Also, 67o is severely dominated? I'd think A7 is severely dominated, and while I'm not planning on running through 5 people with a pair of 6's, worrying about an oft-played better 6 (or 7 or whatever) seems a little far-fetched to me.

I'm fairly sure that if Hero can play reasonably well folding this is a mistake. I'm not trying to argue with you but right now I do disagree.