Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Canterbury Fall Poker Classic ?

Busted from $300. Played on 20 hours with no sleep. Flopped TPTK against a straight, board 4 straighted on river so I c/f'ed. Then went broke in a retarded spot because I'm bad against some clown who limped utg with QQ.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 PM

Yeah I noticed you playing 30/60 at 4 am; was wondering. also, you know these things go until like Midnight? for future reference.

I played too loose, made 2nd best hand too often. then AK<KQ. Playing again Sat.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm heading up there for Thursday's $300 NL tournament.

I'm driving up from Rochester, and plan on getting there a couple hours early and play a little limit.

If anyone else is up there, It would be cool to meet up with some of you. I'll be wearing my lucky grey 1977 Led Zeppelin T-shirt and a MN Twins cap. Or PM and we can set something up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh you were at my table in the $300 today. I was the kid in the grey and white hooded sweatshirt who kept getting hands early while you run into AQ with KQ.

Oh, and these are probably the worst players I have ever played with in my life (not even close actually).
Old 10-19-2007, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and these are probably the worst players I have ever played with in my life (not even close actually).

[/ QUOTE ]

A year from now a new non-Indian card room called Running Aces will open. Next September CP and RA will hold a draft held for the bad players [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2007, 07:37 AM

Today's tournament, well, yesterday's, sucked. Got KQhh AI on a 7h4h2h board and lost to the nuts. Was deep (like 65bb, super deep for CP) too. Gah.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm driving up from Rochester, and plan on getting there a couple hours early and play a little limit.

If anyone else is up there, It would be cool to meet up with some of you. I'll be wearing my lucky grey 1977 Led Zeppelin T-shirt and a MN Twins cap. Or PM and we can set something up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh you were at my table in the $300 today. I was the kid in the grey and white hooded sweatshirt who kept getting hands early while you run into AQ with KQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, cool.

You played pretty good, especially in the beginning. Built a nice massive stack. But then you didn't play a hand for like 2 hours, heh. Must have been super card dead? How did you end up doing?

I'm disappointed with myself in that KQ hand. I could have found a better spot to get my chips in. I don't know, what do people think?

last hand of the 100/200 ante: 25 level. It goes up to 200/400 50 next hand. I have about 4200 in chips or so, so my M goes from 8 to 4 the next hand. The big stack in Early position raises to 800 and I push from LP with KQs. Pretty bad? I thought I had decent fold equity there and figured he would fold anything but AA-TT, AK. Once those blinds go up next hand, I have no fold equity. He called with AQ and I go home.

During the 4 or so hours, my big hands dealt were QQ, AK, AJ, 99, 77, 44, 33. Yuck.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, cool.

You played pretty good, especially in the beginning. Built a nice massive stack. But then you didn't play a hand for like 2 hours, heh. Must have been super card dead? How did you end up doing?

I'm disappointed with myself in that KQ hand. I could have found a better spot to get my chips in. I don't know, what do people think?

last hand of the 100/200 ante: 25 level. It goes up to 200/400 50 next hand. I have about 4200 in chips or so, so my M goes from 8 to 4 the next hand. The big stack in Early position raises to 800 and I push from LP with KQs. Pretty bad? I thought I had decent fold equity there and figured he would fold anything but AA-TT, AK. Once those blinds go up next hand, I have no fold equity. He called with AQ and I go home.

During the 4 or so hours, my big hands dealt were QQ, AK, AJ, 99, 77, 44, 33. Yuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was pretty much just playing TAG and winning limp pots in position overlimping those old fish. I ended up getting AI for 7400 at 400-800/100a w/ KK vs AQ to lose. Fun. The KQ shove you made was completely standard. After you busted, He played beyond awful, and was randomly raising J3ss in LP and [censored]. I like your shove cause you had enough to almost make him fold. I actually figured you were at 2+2er at the table when you Iso'd the one fish to 900 at 100-200/25a with KQo to A7hh. Be careful playing well and not being 25 someone could pick up on it!
Old 10-22-2007, 04:42 AM

Wow, I am surprised there are as many 2p2ers in this thing as there are. I am a pro MSNLer living in Minneapolis. I have just been planning to go and buy-in to the main event on Wednesday. Maybe I will consider playing in tomorrow's event. I don't really play donkaments much, but I will post before I head out there. I am always up for meeting more 2p2ers IRL.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:19 AM

I'm wearing glasses and a thin white and grey hooded zip up sweat shirt if you see me holla.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:38 AM

I should be there in the morning. I will be wearing a dark gray hoodie with a collared shirt underneath. Come say hi, yo.