Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Kenneth Foster To Die For Waiting In A Car

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I forfeited my right to life with the robbery. Although from my perspective, when enough time passes I no longer am putting anyone under duress so my right to life should be guaranteed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your perspective is incorrect based on my two scenerios. Please argue why it is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not directly making a comparison to your scenario. I was asking you a direct question.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first, there is nowhere in this country (U.S.) where would you be punished for doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You assume that no one will insist that you are lying in your "story" about a robbery.

You killed an innocent man and made up a story (so they will say)

[/ QUOTE ]

they would have no proof. the duke lacrosse case took off because the crazy girl was the only one who knew the story, so it was her word vs. theirs. in this case, all evidence would be in my favor, all witnesses would be in my favor, and its my word vs. a dead man's. if you have any examples of someone charged with murder in a scenario as clear cut defense as this, feel free to post them.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Let me jump in and ask you this question, Roundguy. You have stated that once person A threatens person B with a gun, person A has forfeited his right to live.

So let's say B gets robbed at gunpoint by A. A gets away.

One year later, B sees A on the street. Assume for purposes of this scenario that there is no chance of mistake in this identification. A is just minding his own business.

If B takes out his gun right then and there and shoots A in the head, do you think B will be arrested and punished? Do you think B should be arrested and punished? Notice these are two separate questions.

Addendum: Add another scenario. Same situation as above, except that one year after A robs B at gunpoint, A himself is robbed at gunpoint by person C (complete stranger - no relationship whatsoever to person A or B). A tries to resist, and C shoots A in the head.

Now remember, A forfeited his right to live one year ago by your reasoning. Will C be punished for his act (assuming he gets caught)? Should C be punished for his act?

Are your answers same or different in comparison to your answers to scenario 1? If different, what logical reason(s) account for the difference?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Let this sink in: He is being put to death by a State that admits he didn't murder or plan to murder anyone. ! !!!P_()*&G0 -49087g-0as9dc

[/ QUOTE ]

He also didn't do anything to stop said murder. He was fully aware that his friend/accomplice was about to commit armed robbery. Somewhere, something should have kicked in to say "this isn't right". Then, after his buddy murdered the victim, Foster drove off with the murderer. So there you have it, Foster did nothing to prevent this murder from happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

"...Foster had urged the group to stop committing the robberies."

Source

Do you still think he should die? If so, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, his buddies SAY he tried to get them to stop. I think they would say this weather or not it was true.

That said, any rational human would say that executing one innocent person isn't worth executing 1000 guilty ones. Clearly, innocent people have been sentenced to death as well as executed. See Barry Shrek's project for examples.

Living in Texas must be like living in the middle ages. If I lived in a ghetto, weather I was white or black, I would be afraid to go to the store. Someone I have a passing acquaintance with might decide to rob and shoot the store owner while I was picking out a candy bar.

Tuco.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have sympathy in the sense that I don't think he should die.. I thought jail was for rehabilitation, what good does the death penalty for anyone? It doesn't bring the victim back, I don't think the family would feel more vindicated in any sense, it just kills a person who could be living the remainder of his life in jail, extricated from society.. I think that's punishment enough, death seems so final

[/ QUOTE ]
DEY TUK AR JAARBS

[/ QUOTE ]

[ ] Effective use of "they took our jobs"
Old 08-30-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a good number of pansy-ass, criminal loving pussies here, so let me give you something to mull over this evening

[/ QUOTE ]

This is typical right-wing use of false dichtomies. Of course those who don't support the death penalty MUST love criminals.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Roundguy,

You're awesome. I am impressed by your blood lust. It's very obvious when you look all the facts, the death penalty works without a doubt man. Who cares if we kill people who may be innocent, that stuff is for queers. Real men want streets full of blood...the blood of get away men.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Just decided to take a quick peek at the thread at home. My first question is: WHY IN THE [censored] DID THIS THREAD GET MOVED?

NT!, daryn, are you really wanting to see OOT's demise? WTF!?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Moving threads full of your ranting bloodlust out of OOT = the demise of OOT? It's pretty clearly 100% the opposite. This is NT's way of attacking the Politics forum.

[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a good number of pansy-ass, criminal loving pussies here, so let me give you something to mull over this evening:

[/ QUOTE ]

"people who don't have insatiable bloodlust" = "criminal lovers"

[ QUOTE ]
You and I are walking down a dark street and are confronted by an armed assailant that puts a gun to your head and demands your wallet. I pull out a gun and kill the assailant. Is there anywhere in this country where I would be in legal trouble for murder? Of course not, in fact, in most circles I'd be hailed as a hero.

The moment that assailant put a gun to your head, he forfeited his right to live. I can shoot and kill him with no repercussions.

Now, switch to an armed bank robbery. An assailant puts a gun to a bank tellers head. Unfortunately, no one has gun, or the balls, to kill the assailant. He gets away and is caught two hours later.

How is his life not forfeited as in the first scenerio?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Stopping an act of violence in progress

vs.

Premeditated revenge killing

Yeah, no difference there. I suppose you won't have a problem when the bank robber's family hunts you down and kills you in your sleep to avenge your crime, right? Cycle of violence, what's that??
Old 08-30-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a good number of pansy-ass, criminal loving pussies here

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually if one of us loves criminals here it would be you, given you're taking the approach that will breed more criminals/crime, whereas I'm suggesting the route that is proven to work much better toward the goal of deterring crime/protecting society/limiting the number of overall criminals.

Further, you still haven't, as far as I can tell, answered the serious problem with your approach that I brought up earlier: If things had been run your way for the past 50 years nation wide in the US, hundreds of innocent people would have been murdered by the state.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, you know what? You never know when the Olive Garden might sell one of its never ending pasta bowls to a depressed diabetic, so everyone in the company should die as well. It would be a gross miscarriage of justice and terrible policy, but I don't like the Olive Garden, so I have no sympathy for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Liberal smokescreen of the real issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

I pray this is sarcastic, but given some of the respones I can't be sure.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:50 PM

Texas Governor Spares Getaway Driver

Thank God!