Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: I give up America

how is the kid's shirt possibly that wrinkled? I think he would have made a better impression with the judge if he was sporting a stainless wifebeater
Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM

A bit anecdotal, but my uncle met my aunt by pinching her ass and getting his face slapped...hard. They're going on 30 years.

Govman,

I am glad that you have come to the realization that you are a relic. Get on board the iconoclasm train and ride it to Utopia! What could you possibly know about children that Dr. Spock hasn't covered? Parenthood by proxy(state) is soooo cool, because after all "it takes a village".

Discipline is SO last week. Indoctrination is the key when it comes to children. Parental love is so flawed that it must be checked and sometimes curtailed. Can you possibly imagine the complexity and sophistication required to realize that:
-spanking=violence
-spanking=longing for slavery and oppression of women

I mean is this generation not proof that the alternatives to spanking have produced a more respectful, accepting, non-violent, emotionally healthy child? All you need to do is sit back and take the spoon fed doses of social engineering doled out by the people who "get it".
Old 07-27-2007, 12:18 AM

Crime has been going down the last 20 years and spanking has been going out of vogue. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Crime has been going down the last 20 years and spanking has been going out of vogue. Coincidence? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a decadent culture I hope to stay behind the "vogue" curve.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So has the smoking of pipes and the high fade haircut. Don't forget fondue parties either. Clearly those were due to spanking as well.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So has the smoking of pipes and the high fade haircut. Don't forget fondue parties either. Clearly those were due to spanking as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, no one said spanking causes crime. Goodcall was just saying that data does not support the claim that a lack of spanking causes crime. Jesus.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 AM

ok this is possibly the worst thread in the history of the politics forum
Old 07-27-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, no one said spanking causes crime. Goodcall was just saying that data does not support the claim that a lack of spanking causes crime. Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may very well have missed it, but I never saw anybody say "a lack of spanking causes crime". Unless I all of a sudden suck at reading, the clear implication made by saying "crime is down and spanking is going out of style. Coincidence? I think not" is that there is a correlation between spanking/crime. In other words, he stated as crime goes down, so has spanking. Am I making this clear?

I was making a joke, a la the pirates and temperature (which is gold btw). Anybody who thinks spanking is going to create more crime or violence probably needs to look deeper into it.

This IS one of the worst politics threads in a while, and that IS saying something.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 AM

I never saw anybody say "a lack of spanking causes crime".

"Do you really believe that ?
I dont' think many children would keep grabbing girls butts at school after a good belt across their own butt."