Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Hand reading 101 - LC but not NC

What is villain's range and what do you do?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($19.30)
UTG ($17.10)
MP ($5.80)
CO ($31)
Hero ($29.35)
SB ($15.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $3.25.

Flop: ($10.85) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $26 (All-In)</font>, Hero ?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Hand reading 101 - LC but not NC

Hero 4-bets preflop, but as played calls push ... also hero tries to establish reads, while he plays (unless this is villian's first hand or so, but against unknown, I assume major donkness at 25NL)
Old 02-24-2007, 06:49 PM

NOTE: I'm grinding through NL10 right now, and don't necessarily know what it's like at NL25.

A lot of players will 3-bet TT+, AK, AQ and the like. Particularly donkish players will shove a flop with TPTK or any over pair. Since you failed to 4-bet preflop, you could reasonably consider this the range that you are up against. The only hands that you are afraid of are AA or JJ, your splitting with KK, and you are ahead of the rest. I would probably call this and laugh if he shows a bluffed AK, or go kick a kitten if he shows AA or JJ.

I would 4-bet all-in preflop with this.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:53 PM

This is a BBV post with EMc looking it soon I suppose, so I will allow myself to keep a light tone.

No need to belitte yourself for grinding 10NL, an allthough I do not play US friendly sites and there is a rumour that they are thougher than the Euro sites, I really do not think you should expect much more from 25NL .. sure, every level gets harder when you move up, but the stumbling block for noobs is usually 50NL and not 25NL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:14 PM

If you think this is BBV you are missing the point/lesson...its an important one and I'm surprised you don't see it
Old 02-24-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you think this is BBV you are missing the point/lesson...its an important one and I'm surprised you don't see it

[/ QUOTE ]

OK ???

Well, jouster ... in that case I politely must ask you why you without any read (or at least any read that has been shared with us) preflop with eff. stacks of only 117BB are not willing to 4-bet kings ??

You might answer that it is to disguise your hand, after which I must ask how can you not call against an unknown on the flop. At a 25NL table he might do this as a bluff, with overs, with a draw or with TP. Sure he might have something, but you seem way ahead of his range.

Then again I am the kind of player, that assumes donk when facing unknowns at 25NL and not the other way around.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:48 PM

The reason I didn't 4-bet is because I recognized the limp reraise for what it was AA/KK ALWAYS at microstakes against a non-maniac (a read I didn't give). Since I have KK he must have AA (almost).

The other reason I didn't 4-bet is because I was taken aback enough to botch the hand more than one way. If I trust the read I play for set value if I am going to call on the flop I have to push preflop. I called and called...worst of all options.

Edit: before I called I typed I know you have AA because of the limp RR...just to botch it one more way. It wasn't my finest hand but its important to recognize the limp RR which I thought was well know to regs but impt. for noobs.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:31 PM

JJ, QQ, also KK but HIGHLY unlikely, and AA... the only other hand i put him on is AJ in the hands of a donk.... i do call here. i dont like it.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:36 PM

did everyone notice that CO limped behind two limpers and then reraised? it's been my experience that this is a real hand a LOT less often than an open-limp/reraise.

I call this all day.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did everyone notice that CO limped behind two limpers and then reraised? it's been my experience that this is a real hand a LOT less often than an open-limp/reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your experience and mine appear to differ drastically. I've never seen a single limp-reraise that wasn't at least QQ, and that was only one time.