Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Fun w/ TT

Good Bellagio 30-60 game. MP in this hand is a dealer, but she's not as bad as most dealers. Still loosy goosy, but stumbles into playing hands well more often than other dealers. CO is a 30s black guy. I don't know much about him, but I did see him limp-reraise AA in EP, and I saw him coldcall the CO's open on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then never put in a raise when the flop came Qxx two diamonds and the BB donked out. Also, he went 5 bets on the river against a LAGtard with 33 on a JT359 board.

Preflop:
The Dude raises in EP w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Three coldcallers and both blinds come along.

Flop: (12 SBs) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 Players)</font>
check, check, The Dude checks. MP bets, CO calls, BB calls, The Dude calls.

Turn: (8 BBs) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 Players)</font>
check, The Dude checks, MP bets, CO raises, BB folds. The Dude calls, planning on cr'ing most rivers, not sure yet which ones he's donking. MP calls.

River: (14 BBs) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
The Dude donks, planning on folding if MP raises and calling if CO raises.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ TT

[ QUOTE ]
Fun w/ TT

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what you do with him in Vegas is your business.

But seriously -- I think I like this line, though the flop is close. I might consider donking the turn, but I'd have to see how they reacted to the flop action. Also it's hard to say given your read.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:51 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Folding for one bet would be horrid. I think you should just 3bet the turn. There are a few draws and you have a big hand and such. Also COs most likely hand is a lower set and won't that be fun. Also I think the flop is definitely a call. Getting 15:1 you need roughly 3 outs, 2 tens and 2 backdoor draw and implied odds get you there and then some.

[ QUOTE ]
CO is a 30s black guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it Teddy (very friendly and talkative, usually stuck) or the guy who always wears earphones and never says a word?

Given the bet, call, and BB call, I'm not sure that I would have seen the turn.

Anyway on the turn, Teddy plays pretty straight forward and would have at least AT here. The other guy is very capable of making some kind of move here as he's also capable of calling PF with 97.

If you had any read that CO was going to pop the turn, I'd lead toward donk/3-betting, but c/r is fine. As played why not c/r 3-bet? Why wouldn't you want to get in at least multiple BB's if someone is indeed on a FD?

I don't get it. Why not just 3-bet the turn? Your river plan seems to imply that you think that MP could be playing a club draw this way, so why not get her money in now? It seems like waiting until the river has lots of possible bad outcomes (river checked through, not getting value from a draw, scare card killing action) whereas the only real upside is squeezing one extra bet out of MP.

But I know you play better than me - so what am I missing?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was it Teddy (very friendly and talkative, usually stuck) or the guy who always wears earphones and never says a word??

[/ QUOTE ]
It was neither, although I'm very familiar with both the chumps you mentioned. This guy plays more like the earphones dude, although this guy is definitely looser than him.

Also, I did not see the turn raise coming.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO is a 30s black guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it Teddy (very friendly and talkative, usually stuck) or the guy who always wears earphones and never says a word?

Given the bet, call, and BB call, I'm not sure that I would have seen the turn.

Anyway on the turn, Teddy plays pretty straight forward and would have at least AT here. The other guy is very capable of making some kind of move here as he's also capable of calling PF with 97.

If you had any read that CO was going to pop the turn, I'd lead toward donk/3-betting, but c/r is fine. As played why not c/r 3-bet? Why wouldn't you want to get in at least multiple BB's if someone is indeed on a FD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you assuming there's only two black guys who play at the Bellagio?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:05 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Why does everyone think the dude plays good? Most people I've played with think he's a massive sucker.

Anyway, 3bet the turn. You have no reason to play your hand like it's anything but the nuts.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people I've played with think he's a massive sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the record, I think this is very close to being true.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most people I've played with think he's a massive sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the record, I think this is very close to being true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that's what I'm missing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either way, I'd love to know your reasoning.