View Poll Results: Which model?
Jeep Liberty 11 17.74%
Nissan Pathfinder 17 27.42%
Toyota 4Runner 34 54.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2006, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Monoploy: Luck or Skill?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you could only buy houses on your turn, before you roll. If this is the case, no one will want to buy simultaneously. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ANY turn before the roll, not just your turn. Around here, that leads to people chucking dice all over in an effort to race the other guy out of being able to build... douchebags.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
basic strategy like the three house rule,

[/ QUOTE ]what exactly is this?
Old 10-28-2006, 03:59 AM

it is all about the roll of the dice my friend
Old 10-28-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
basic strategy like the three house rule,

[/ QUOTE ]what exactly is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the property cards, you will notice that the rent prices surge from two houses to three houses. So it is optimal to get at least three houses on your properties ASAP.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Alright, I have a few more questions:

1. Say there are only four houses left to buy. Player A has Hotels on his monopoly and Player B has enough room/money to buy four more houses. Player B declares I want to buy those houses. Player A then states I'm selling back one of my hotels, and putting up those four houses. Who has priority here and is this a legal move? Can Player A declare he's selling back one of his hotels (and putting up four houses, so he's really only selling back one "house" if you consider a hotel 5 houses, I think you know what I mean) after the fact that Player B declares he wants to purchase those houses?

2. Scenario: All houses are bought up. Player A has one monopoly with three hotels, all other property is mortaged, and has zero cash (for simplicity). If Player A lands on ANY spot that makes him pay money, does he have to sell all three hotels back? Remember, all houses are bought up and you can't build unevenly.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 PM

bump

where are you monopoly guy!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:07 PM

It's 100% luck, and very bad luck indeed. It's bad luck that I am playing with people who won't play one of the 4.2 squizillion games that are better than monopoly.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. Say there are only four houses left to buy. Player A has Hotels on his monopoly and Player B has enough room/money to buy four more houses. Player B declares I want to buy those houses. Player A then states I'm selling back one of my hotels, and putting up those four houses. Who has priority here and is this a legal move? Can Player A declare he's selling back one of his hotels (and putting up four houses, so he's really only selling back one "house" if you consider a hotel 5 houses, I think you know what I mean) after the fact that Player B declares he wants to purchase those houses?

2. Scenario: All houses are bought up. Player A has one monopoly with three hotels, all other property is mortaged, and has zero cash (for simplicity). If Player A lands on ANY spot that makes him pay money, does he have to sell all three hotels back? Remember, all houses are bought up and you can't build unevenly.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't really know what you're on about here. For starters, you can't have more than one hotel on any one property, unless you're playing retarded rules. Secondly, in between rolls, any player can make any improvements and/or downgrades to his property(ies) at ANY time.

2. You can/have to sell them back. Just because there are no houses left in the Monopoly box doesn't mean you can't put houses on properties, just like if there's no money in the bank doesn't mean the bank is broke. Make houses with cubes of cheese or something - they count.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make houses with cubes of cheese or something - they taste yummy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't really know what you're on about here. For starters, you can't have more than one hotel on any one property, unless you're playing retarded rules. Secondly, in between rolls, any player can make any improvements and/or downgrades to his property(ies) at ANY time.

2. You can/have to sell them back. Just because there are no houses left in the Monopoly box doesn't mean you can't put houses on properties, just like if there's no money in the bank doesn't mean the bank is broke. Make houses with cubes of cheese or something - they count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose turn is it? Whoever's turn it is gets the right of first action. If it's player B's turn and he wants to buy the houses, he gets the houses.

And Lonhro is wrong. If you have a housing shortage, you have a housing shortage. If there aren't any houses left to "make change" for the hotel, you have to sell them all.