Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 10:14 AM

Default If you are interested in seeing...

Degen banned

AND/OR

Sniper demodded

Please PM mat specifically.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Re: If you are interested in seeing...

LOL... I'm just going to quote a recent Degen post...

[ QUOTE ]
The spirit of 2+2 is to intelligently attack somebody else's argument...not to try and make your self feel better by berating and belittling others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this to be true!

Beyond that, have fun...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL... I'm just going to quote a recent Degen post...

[ QUOTE ]
The spirit of 2+2 is to intelligently attack somebody else's argument...not to try and make your self feel better by berating and belittling others.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe this to be true!

Beyond that, have fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of banning degen and demodding you would not be to make us feel bettter. Both of these things would improve the forums, the latter quite dramatically.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM

mat,

if you could update us with a count of the # of mods that pm you about each of these two possibilities that would be great
Old 03-01-2007, 11:10 AM

from mat:

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been dragged into the middle of a banning debate since i can remember. that's on purpose. people wanted approval from me to ban degen because he advertises. that barrier has been lifted and if there are moderators who have reason to ban degen, they can go right ahead and do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he made that clear before. I personally don't have direct cause to do so, but I'm sure one of the many other mods that has cause should do it.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 AM

sheesh

Sniper's views are opinions, just as all your views are opinions - the difference is he stays calm and dignified, no matter what. He exasperates some of you - we get it - but that's no reason for this witchhunt. It's pure childish temper-tantrum stuff.

I'm not talking about those of you who've made your points reasonably, but those of you that keep on and on and on without bringing anything new to light - just to take a shot. That's all this thread is, in fact. Why garner opinion like this when it's already laid out in the thread to anyone interested?

We all aren't going to agree on lots of things, but we do need to discuss them - and I for one prefer them discussed like adults, not children. And I think most mods would prefer that too.

Come on guys, let's not continue on this path.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:05 PM

diebitter,

You're wrong. As has been pointed out in any number of threads recently, Sniper consistant twists the truth, pulls quotes out of context, and otherwise engages in gross intellectual dishonesty (I under why you'd want to avoid mod being held accountable for this sort of thing). He makes the forums worse, they most notable example being his williness to go to great lenghts to keep a friend and very likely business partner from being banned from the forums when we've banned other posters for far far less.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
diebitter,

You're wrong. As has been pointed out in any number of threads recently, Sniper consistant twists the truth, pulls quotes out of context, and otherwise engages in gross intellectual dishonesty (I under why you'd want to avoid mod being held accountable for this sort of thing). He makes the forums worse, they most notable example being his williness to go to great lenghts to keep a friend and very likely business partner from being banned from the forums when we've banned other posters for far far less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, you know what I really love about you, it's your ability to complain about something (which isn't even accurate), yet do it yourself in the same post!

At the end of the day Dids, it doesn't really matter if you appreciate my contributions... the thousands of PMs I've received from posters thanking me for helping them, is really more than enough for me.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM

Sniper,

I don't think you understand what intellectual dishonest is.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM

Sniper,

I'm not sure that it is enough. My personal experience with you has been very pleasant. There is no question in my mind that you are a nice person with the best intentions. You've also gone above and beyond in offering help with our upgrade. And I find your stats incredibly useful.

However, my other moderators who I also feel are nice people with good intentions are telling me that I am wrong. I do not like this.

I'm thinking that perhaps one problem is that you have a problem considering that you can be wrong. As far as I can tell, the best quality I have, having been given decision making powers, is my ability to gracefully accept that i am wrong sometimes. which i [censored] hate, and [censored] you to those who think that's funny.

I'm just saying. When this many people are telling us we are wrong, isn't it something to consider? Just basking in the sun of those who agree with us doesn't get us closer to truth.

just some thoughts.