Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Pretty good exposure here.

Dooo ittttttt

(But also just don't forget about tomorrow's minibomb... I agree the one hour thing is sort of weird, but I think their real goal is just to test the system. The media picking up on it would just be icing.)
Old 11-10-2007, 05:20 PM

I can't see anyway that the media picking up on the campaign (or whomever) claiming they need donations to test their system, would be a good thing.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:26 PM

Well hey, I'm not organizing these things so I don't really know what to tell you, I'm just a soldier. I assume there is some rhyme or reason to it all, and donating $10 between 7 and 8 p.m. couldn't hurt since people who are involved apparently think it's important.

I don't think whoever is organizing this is actually expecting the media to pick it up. I think that's probably just motivation. I think the primary point of this is actually to run a stress test, but who knows. If you think it sounds pointless, don't do it.

But don't forget about tomorrow's minibomb! I am predicting a 650,000 day.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUiZeUs9HU

CNN Interview after Philly Rally

Are you sure about the crowd estimate Taso? I read a blog that was estimating about 4,000. Someone in the campaign said around 5,000! Anyway, check out this link...

http://www.nytimes.com/
Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 PM

No, I'm not sure. I don't think those numbers are correct though. My ability to count was extremly limited, as would be anyones who was not on the stage, or on a roof top. My guess would be 1,000 people though. Maybe 2,000 at the max.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 PM

From the rally.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this email from the meetup group list, figured I'd pass the word:

We need to help the campaign perform a $10 Donation Server STRESS TEST on November 11th from 7:00 to 8:00 PM eastern time.

Everyone needs to give just Ten Dollars on November 11th from 7:00 to 8:00 PM eastern time.

This server test has three purposes:

#1 To give RON PAUL the greatest number of small donations in a single hour (and thus more free media coverage).

#2 To lend an additional boost to the www.ThisNovember11th.com Veteran's Day fundraiser.

#3 To STRESS TEST the RON PAUL 2008 donation server leading up to the BOSTON TEA PARTY on December 16th -- http://www.teaparty07.com/.

The e-Campaign Director, Justine Lam, is aware of and supportive of this initiative and has said that "Yes, I think we could handle it".

Now it is up to us to perform the $10 test to find out.

Pass the word. Donate!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a dumb thing to do. Why would you "stress" test on a moneybomb day for a lousy $10 a pop? What if they do manage to overstress the donation servers? They could cost Dr. Paul a couple hundred thousand dollars.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

From the rally.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you "stress" test on a moneybomb day for a lousy $10 a pop? What if they do manage to overstress the donation servers? They could cost Dr. Paul a couple hundred thousand dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I took it is they want to stress test tomorrow (mini-bomb day) by concentrating traffic to one specific hour (hence the tiny donations -- so more people will do it) in order to simulate the traffic they expect for Dec. 16, so if something is wrong with their setup it is less costly than if they found out about it on the 16th. That doesn't make sense?
Old 11-10-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you "stress" test on a moneybomb day for a lousy $10 a pop? What if they do manage to overstress the donation servers? They could cost Dr. Paul a couple hundred thousand dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I took it is they want to stress test tomorrow (mini-bomb day) by concentrating traffic to one specific hour (hence the tiny donations -- so more people will do it) in order to simulate the traffic they expect for Dec. 16, so if something is wrong with their setup it is less costly than if they found out about it on the 16th. That doesn't make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think it does. This is not how you stress test servers. You wait for a regular day when traffic is low, leave enough servers up to handle regular traffic, take the remaining donation servers offline and hit them with simulated donation traffic.