Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Gus Hansen on PAD (WK 7)

is it just me or is Gus acting weirder than ever on this episode? (sorry for picking on so many players, lol...just thought it was randomly funny/weird).

he seems like a socially awkward guy in general. maybe it's the fact he's from Denmark, but his weird jokes/comments never seem to strike a cord with me. they're just weird.

why does he keep saying "I still love you honey" to Clonie? were they ever a couple by chance? i know it's just a saying obviously, but just wondering...

what was up with that one "song" he sang (not the "bow wow wow, yippee yo, yipee yay thing"...which i think he actually said "wow wow wow" instead)...i'm talking about the one where Tony G commented "that's the number one song in Denmark right now"...anyone know the exact lyrics/words he used? ...so weird and funny.

and is it just my imagination, or does Gus always seem to try to impress Shana?...i mean, who wouldn't want to do that?...but yeah, he seems to go and talk to her more than anyone and just seems awkward/weird when he talks to her (i can't put a finger on it, but he just seems different/weird when he does).....

and does anyone else notice that Gus had a booger on his left nostril. it was so weird. he scratched it in the first part of last night's episode and it was nasty.

-TheMan
(ok, just playin about that booger thing...but why is Gus so weird!...if he wasn't an "attractive" guy, he'd probably be a very very socially awkward guy with his personality, mannerisms, and facial contortions)
Old 02-23-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Gus Hansen on PAD (WK 7)

I think he's pretty funny. His deadpan sarcasm can be awesome at times.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:37 PM

The 'song' is from the movie Full Metal Jacket, it's a marching song.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it just me or is Gus acting weirder than ever on this episode? (sorry for picking on so many players, lol...just thought it was randomly funny/weird).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just you.

[ QUOTE ]
he seems like a socially awkward guy in general. maybe it's the fact he's from Denmark, but his weird jokes/comments never seem to strike a cord with me. they're just weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

[ QUOTE ]
why does he keep saying "I still love you honey" to Clonie? were they ever a couple by chance? i know it's just a saying obviously, but just wondering...

[/ QUOTE ]

How about because they are friends? You do realize that everytime someone calls someone "honey," it doesn't always refer to a romantic/sexual relationship, right?

[ QUOTE ]
what was up with that one "song" he sang (not the "bow wow wow, yippee yo, yipee yay thing"...which i think he actually said "wow wow wow" instead)...i'm talking about the one where Tony G commented "that's the number one song in Denmark right now"...anyone know the exact lyrics/words he used? ...so weird and funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a poster above said, it's from Full Metal Jacket. And a) I think he said "bow" and b) who cares?

[ QUOTE ]
and is it just my imagination, or does Gus always seem to try to impress Shana?...i mean, who wouldn't want to do that?...but yeah, he seems to go and talk to her more than anyone and just seems awkward/weird when he talks to her (i can't put a finger on it, but he just seems different/weird when he does).....

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, who cares? I didn't see anything strange or awkward. Hell, if someone talks to Shana even ONCE during the show, it is more than the average player talks to her. She doesn't serve much purpose.

[ QUOTE ]
he'd probably be a very very socially awkward guy with his personality, mannerisms,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to think the same about you.

Seriously, your post is one of the strangest "serious" posts I've ever read.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about because they are friends? You do realize that everytime someone calls someone "honey," it doesn't always refer to a romantic/sexual relationship, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a poster above said, it's from Full Metal Jacket. And a) I think he said "bow" and b) who cares?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, who cares? I didn't see anything strange or awkward. Hell, if someone talks to Shana even ONCE during the show, it is more than the average player talks to her. She doesn't serve much purpose.

[ QUOTE ]
he'd probably be a very very socially awkward guy with his personality, mannerisms,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to think the same about you.

Seriously, your post is one of the strangest "serious" posts I've ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha...yeah maybe. definitely not a "seriou" post though...just a personal view of Gus as a whacky dude. could just be me though. i think he's pretty weird. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2007, 02:16 PM

Tony G is the one who seems socially awkward. he's constantly fidgetting around, clearing his throat, and making stupid unfunny comments. his play is pretty bad too.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:38 PM

Hmm, I guess it's all one man's own interpretation...I think Tony G is funny as heck personally. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

His a-hole act that he does to annoy/intimidate players is not who he really is away from table, but when he does act that way...I dunno...it's pretty funny to me. I know I wouldn't take him personally on it.

-TheMan
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM

Gus is usually very reserved whenever I've seen him play before. I think he's drinking on POD, and the booze is making him loose up a bit.

I think it's entertaining.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:35 PM

nah, i've seen him like that before. wouldn't say it's because he's drinking. he's just relaxed and in a good mood - and hilarious.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nah, i've seen him like that before. wouldn't say it's because he's drinking. he's just relaxed and in a good mood - and hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think he gets like that when he's either tired or in the midst of a long session. I watched him play at the Bellagio once and I would have swore he was drunk except that he was drinking bottled water...and I'm fairly certain he ain't the drug-usin' type.