Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: automated poker table sighting - Tuolumne, CA

Trip report as promised - I was surprised to get back tonight and find that this thread was active:

I dropped in to Black Oak on Tuesday at about 10:30pm. There are 4 e-tables, and they are located in the main pit, and it is smoky. I would not be surprised if you could smoke at the poker tables, but I didn't ask. There was one eight handed 1-2 NLHE 50-200 buy-in game going. I chatted up the brush and she told me that they will spread 1/1 NL 20-50 buy-in, 1/2 NLO 50-200 buy-in, 2/4 LHE, 2/4 LO8, and she thought that they could get a NLO8 game going with enough interest, but I got the impression that the NLO8 game never went. They also have scheduled daily $20 buy-in MTTs, a couple of $60 MTTs a week, and sit-n-goes depending upon interest.

I looked at the table running on Tuesday night and there was just under $900 in play. There were 3 players with < $60, and the largest stack was $180. I decided to go bowling instead of sit in the game. The bowling alley is really nice, and there is a bar right next to it. It is clearly an excellent alternative to playing poker.

It was probably owing to the fact that I went on Tuesday night of Thanksgiving week, but I got the impression that the place was dead all of the time. Reading Patton4's report, I guess I was mistaken.