Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: what do you think of this ruling? (B&M donkament)

[ QUOTE ]
If you go to the store and buy 6 items, get charged for 5, start to walk out when the clerk notices the mistake, do you pay for the 6th item or is it the clerk's fault for not having charged you in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you pay for the 6th item but also give it back to the store?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:44 PM

As TD, if you indicated you knew you were supposed to post, I'd make you pay an SB to the pot winner. If not, I'd make you post an SB on the next hand.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As TD, if you indicated you knew you were supposed to post, I'd make you pay an SB to the pot winner. If not, I'd make you post an SB on the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then the winner of the first pot gets shorted.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 PM

The OP does not owe a blind. The hand has been played. Any of the players could have pointed out that he owed the blind and didn't. Perhaps the raiser noticed he didn't post the blind and was planning to wait until he threw his cards away to ask that the blind be posted.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then the winner of the first pot gets shorted.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was compenated for that shortage by the fact that a player who might have called if he knew he had some equity in the pot in fact folded.

Yes I know in this specific case that it is rather unlikely that the player would have called the large all-in bet simply because he had a small blind in, but the underlying principal is sound,
Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and it was the dealer's mistake not to tell me to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was the dealer's mistake not to tell you to post, whose mistake was it not to post?

you expect the dealer to pay more attention to your hand/blinds than you do? it's your responsibility to post your blinds. if you forgot, then you correct the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was an irregular situation, though. it's the dealer's responibility to make sure the correct blinds are out when the cardroom has an unusual rule regarding dead buttons and missed blinds and whatnot
Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 PM

I hate that stupid rule. Why have 3 blinds when you can have a dead button and nobody gets confused.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the forward moving button is really stupid in tournaments. Cher-Ae Heights is the only place I've ever seen it, and it's dumb.

And you should pay the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play at Cher-Ae Heights often? My brother is one of the dealer's there, and I'm pretty sure he agrees that the rule is retarded.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:00 PM

i play mostly at blue lake, but i go to cher-ae-heights maybe once a week. who's your brother?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the forward moving button is really stupid in tournaments. Cher-Ae Heights is the only place I've ever seen it, and it's dumb.

And you should pay the blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you play at Cher-Ae Heights often? My brother is one of the dealer's there, and I'm pretty sure he agrees that the rule is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just re-relocated to the area and played there for the 3rd time in seven years last week (was semi-reg. before 2000). Blue Lake and Bear River rooms weren't around when I lived here before. I'll be at Char-Ae for tonight's rebuyament.

I don't mind the forward moving button rule for cash games (except for the 1/2 blind 5 to come in 200 max game at Char-Ae when they don't allow blind chops). If I ran the room (something I have zero experience doing fwiw), I'd dispense with the $5 bring in in the 1/2 game (or make it a $200-$500 buy in game, but I don't think that would be popular with the regulars) and go to a dead button rule.

To RR: In your opinion, at what point is OP relieved of the obligation of posting the blind? When he folds to the raise? When his cards become irretrievably mucked after he folds? When the pot is awarded? Some other point?