Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: To Tilt Or Not?
Agree 5 45.45%
Disagree 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:59 AM

Default kit plays bad

Some entertaining hands from last night:

7 handed 10/20 at the borg.

I pick up AJo UTG+1 and open raise. The button cold calls. Seems fairly straightforward, plays too loose pf.

Flop is JTx two hearts. i bet, he calls quickly.

Turn T, putting up 2 diamonds as well. I bet, he raises.

I know he's weak, he's just picked up a FD and he's FOS. I wanna 3 bet right now, but i suck and of course just call and c/c riv and see his QJ. got im terrible

hand 2

3 limpers, i complete 98s in SB, BB checks.

Flop 79T, I bet, 1 caller, button raises, all call.

Turn 9, I check, callers checks, button bets, i CR, caller 3 bets, button tanks and folds, I call.

River 6, I say "nice J8" but i call anyway b/c im dumb. he rolls J8.

why do we do that? we know what people have but we call anyway? know people are weak but dont max value? lol

i think maybe that seperates the experts from the wannabes - the experts know when to trust their instincts
Old 11-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: kit plays bad

I hear ya there Kit. Old habits rearing their ugly head here and there I think. At least for me.

Played a few hours yesterday with my coach Joe Tall at a 4/8 table and watched him captain the table. Nothing fancy but he picked his spots and he made it look rather easy.

I'm Frond and I approve of Joe tall [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:17 PM

PS Kit, I played today and ended up paying off 2 times when I flopped 2 pair hands and a 3rd flush came on either the turn or river with unknowns. Even though I knew I was beat I payed off. On one of them one guy was bluffing so I more than made up for the other 2 times I payed them off when I knew I was beat.

In other news, my neck got all tweaked last night so I went to the chiro before I played this morning and I felt so relaxed after my treatment/massage that I may try doing this again before other sessions. I was so calm and focused. aghhhhhhhhh!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:31 AM

hey frond,

what are your thoughts on chiro?

i keep tweaking my back and have had people mention them. i'm reluctant b/c i've always heard they're on the quacky side though i'm sure it's different practicioner to practicioner.

should i go?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:42 AM

Well, years ago I threw my back out spotting a friend when we were bench pressing and one other time when I was playing tennis and chiro was the only thing that helped me out. I first went to a reg Doc and they pretty much prescribed some sort of muscle relaxant type drugs that didn't do much at all. After going to the chiro it helped me out quite a bit right away. I need to get over there more I think. The place I go to also offers short massages that I think I may get right before I go to the cardroom again.

No happy ending though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 03:27 PM

so i won like 15 bb last night but it felt like a lost a ton b/c i was at a peak of like 40 BB and then my game went to hell in a handbasket.

i was playing in this totally sick 10/20 game which had like 8 people to the flop in a raisd pot every freakin hand and i didnt win a single pot in 4 hours and felt like i was goin crazy until finally i tilted pretty bad for the first time in months and pretty much donated 20 BB. ugh

i think i'm gonna quit playin til december. this slow grind to 500 BB at 10 is really wearing on me.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, years ago I threw my back out spotting a friend when we were bench pressing and one other time when I was playing tennis and chiro was the only thing that helped me out. I first went to a reg Doc and they pretty much prescribed some sort of muscle relaxant type drugs that didn't do much at all. After going to the chiro it helped me out quite a bit right away. I need to get over there more I think. The place I go to also offers short massages that I think I may get right before I go to the cardroom again.

No happy ending though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm afraid my back problems go back to working out in my early twenties. i weighed like 185-190 pounds but benched around 380. seems like that would be alot of stress on your body over time. i also took up playing a ton of golf around that time and it added some stress to my back. now, ten years later i'm paying the price. maybe i will check out a chiro; at least giving it a try can't hurt. even if i don't get the happy ending. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i won like 15 bb last night but it felt like a lost a ton b/c i was at a peak of like 40 BB and then my game went to hell in a handbasket.

[/ QUOTE ]

for some reason that feels worse to me than being down 40bb and grinding back to finish down like 5 or 10bb.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

I hope the Steelers beat the Pats in the playoff, that way you can come to Indy....\

And speaking of paying off better hands, I paid off Quads twice last night, one I flopped a st8 and runner runner 6's for three on the broad but i just had to see it knowing even any pair kills me. The other was pocket pair when I had a boat, that one sucked.

But I must say I made back all the money I lost being a moron when I crushed the short-handed table. Took a little over $200.00 off of 4 players in less then two hours. Everybody was pissed at me but the all stayed. One guy even re-bought after I rerasied my boat aginst his flush.

I love short-handed at 5AM. It is only people to stupid to go home, (me) or people trying to win the loses back. Nobody changes their play and if you can run good early nobody has a cklue what to do. I was running super hot and buying over half the pots I didn't having anything. Anyway..
Old 11-12-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

If I'm not mistaken, were the playoffs to start today, the Steelers would have the second AFC bye due to our better "in conference" record.

And Kit, I'm seriously considering sending a funeral style bouquet of flowers to the Borg for you and your brownies. That was one of the most brutal losses I've ever seen a team take, and I was a pirates fan in the early 90s.
Closed Thread