Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: when talking about islam

The God in Islam (Allah) is just one, and cannot be divided or seen as anything but one. The God in Christianity on the other hand is a trinity; the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. As Muslims reject the idea of Jesus and the Holy Spirit being part of God they do not believe in the same God.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:13 AM

It couldn't possibly be out of respect?
Old 10-05-2007, 03:14 AM

bedreviter-
muslims believe that muhammed is the seal of the prophets. i.e., moses then jesus then muhammed.

its the same god.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:28 AM

In Christianity Jesus is not a mere prophet, he is part of God. Jesus is not part of the muslim God.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 AM

From wikipedia, and I quote:

[ QUOTE ]
In Islam, Allah is the only deity, transcendent creator of the universe, and the judge of humankind. Some Islamic scholars believe that the term "Allah" should not be translated, arguing that "Allah" as used in Islam is a special and glorified term whose use should be preserved, while God can also be used in reference to deities worshiped by polytheists.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would seem there's no way to type the special 'a' with a straight line over it used in the article. Or I don't know how to.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:33 AM

From Wikipedia, and I quote: "Muslims believe that Allah cannot be held equal in any way to other beings or concepts. This monotheism is absolute, not relative or pluralistic in any sense of the word. It is for this reason that Muslims reject the concept of the Trinity held by most Christians."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawhid
Old 10-05-2007, 04:26 AM

The problem is that Muslims believe that Allah and the Christian/Jewish God are the same being and Christians do not. (Obviously I suppose because then they would be Muslims too.) It does seem rather silly to use a different term however since Jews also reject the trinity, but we still call the Jewish God 'God'.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:49 AM

my expeirence with muslism is that most dont understand the trinity, much the same as how most christians dont understand islam. i.e. my friend Said told me, "you know the christians believe in 3 gods right?" I had to explain that no, christians believe in just one god, but he didn't get it.

taraz, you're right. why do we call the jewish god "god" but the muslim god "allah" when they're all really just dhimmi? its the same fckking god jesuschrist come on now
Old 10-06-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do we call the jewish god "god" but the muslim god "allah" when they're all really just dhimmi?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the same reason we have Jews and Christians and Presbetyrians (sp) and Lutherans and on and on and on. To denote the slight differences between them all.

For instance, I wouldn't call the color dark gray the color black, because it's not, even though it's very close.

On a side note, I'd love to see a war take place in America where all the different catholic and christian denominations would yell out the slight differences they have and run at each other, engaging in a slap fight to see who's religion is better.. "You believe in using birth control! Have at you!!"
Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my expeirence with muslism is that most dont understand the trinity, much the same as how most christians dont understand the trinity. i.e. my friend Said told me, "you know the christians believe in 3 gods right?" I had to explain that no, christians believe in just one god,but that the one god is three gods but not really, but he didn't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp