Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Mason, Why Publish Both Simultaneously?

[ QUOTE ]
We also get some economy of scale by "ganging" up books with the printer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would wonder if having a month or three gap in release would benefit you by saving on a larger volume print vs. the cost of delaying a book...probably not something to really worry much about unless it just happens to work in your favor.

Besides, I would imagine you couldn't predict if people are going to buy all the new releases or not at the time of initial release. (Maybe Amazon or someone has data on this.) If people are interested in the books, they'll eventually get around to them.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Hi Zee:

For both of these books we went with our max print run for first printings. So there would have been no savings for a larger volume print run.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-07-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, other books are in the pipeline

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell me which books are in the works?
Old 06-07-2006, 12:03 PM

I, like others probably did, ordered both of the books. I don't think there's any reason to believe the books will compete with each other. In fact, I often put down one poker book to pick up another, just for a change of pace and to keep things fresh so I'm sure to be actively absorbing what I'm reading instead of just going over the words as I sometimes do when I read for long stretches.

Also, I think the books will complement each other. A lot of times when reading, I'll think "I've seen this topic before," and it helps to get a concept to sink in when I see it in multiple sources. You can also use a book to critically analyze even inconsistent theories and come up with your own conclusions.

Just my $.02
Old 06-07-2006, 01:00 PM

thank you for the reply. it seemed similar to a motion picture studio releasing two "ten pole" pictures simultaneously. in the motion picture business studios try to avoid releasing huge pictures on the same weekend. however, the publishing world is clearly different, new "big" books enter the market weekly. i wish you and the authors well with the books.