Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Worst run of cards ever? 4/8Live

One of the things I look for is the players who are reaching into their wallets after getting down to the felt. I never let my stack get that far down, and have not seen good players do it, either. I can, however, go for many, many hours without reaching into my money clip for another Ben Franklin. It's rare I have to.

I played 3/6 once at the Fitzgerald downtown. There were 6 players for three hours, tops. I never rebought, but didn't make much either, for the longest time. It was amazing how the stacks shrank--FAST. Finally, I got some hands, made some nice pots, and left. I was the only person at the table that had not rebought. The rest had gone down the slot next to the dealer.

If ever there was any doubt about the impact of the rake, it was right there in front of me that day. Wow.

To get back to my original comment--I've played many times for hours without winning a pot, or even more than one. But to go for 2 1/2 hours without seeing a river in a 4/8 limit game is a pretty danged long time of seeing really bad cards. No rivers. It was very weird. That I lost only 16BBs is not too shabby, I guess.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Ive had runs like this at 4/8 Canterbury Park. One particular session that sticks in my mind was at a extremely loose passive table. I didn't win 1 hand for 3 hours, I got rivered when I flopped trips 3 different times, I played a generally very solid game and got raped for 3 racks, it was dirty. Most ive ever lost at that game, hopefully won't have to experience thata agaian.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive had runs like this at 4/8 Canterbury Park. One particular session that sticks in my mind was at a extremely loose passive table. I didn't win 1 hand for 3 hours, I got rivered when I flopped trips 3 different times, I played a generally very solid game and got raped for 3 racks, it was dirty. Most ive ever lost at that game, hopefully won't have to experience thata agaian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Second best hands suck. I've had runs like that and I can leave you feeling like jumping in front of the 206. A buddy is something like 2 for his last ten sets.

At least in this case, you got to the river. It's unusual to go so long without cards they can suck out on. lol
Old 03-08-2007, 05:53 PM

From most of everyone's replies here, it appears that we all have had several mulit-hour sessions with just about folding every hand. So, it apparently it isn't that unusual at all for these card dead sessions to pop up. I am only ableto get in from 3-6 hours per week live (and a few online) and I have them.

Unleash the HEATERS please
Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 PM

2 1/2 hours is really nothing for going card dead. My brother and I played 20 hours each over 2 days in Reno once and we only took down 1 pot apiece.

It was so depressing we ended up in the room watching a crappy movie on a crappy TV on our last night.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unleash the HEATERS please

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a bit over $500 playing 7-8 hours of 2/4. It was [censored] awesome. I didn't really get amazing cards, so much as hit way more than my share of draws.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:29 PM

2.5 hours is a standard swing of not getting playable hands
Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 AM

jjsh, that what I usually see when someone at 2/4 is making a killing. Just hitting draw hand after hand and winning huge pot after pot. They are always winning with hands like 68s or 45o and just getting great draws. THat would be nice once.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:48 AM

Took the Red Rock 4/8 game tonight for $295 in 5 hours of play. Was nice to run great for a change. I hit a lot of great hands.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:25 PM

GG CJ. Did you have some dead card stretches where you folded for any sig. lengths of time last night or wa it a good stream of playable ones?