5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $81.33
CO: $107.14
Button: $119.06
SB: $93.50
Hero: $96

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $20</font>, Hero ??

Hand2:

UTG: 52/17/10 only 23hands, he has come over the top of me just the previous hand and I laid down my AKo UI on the flop
BB: 58/16/4 52hands

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $110.35
UTG+1: $15.05
CO: $66.70
Button: $112.35
SB: $54.05
Hero: $90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $32</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ??

Hand3:
CO: 44/7/2.6 54hands

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $103.05
UTG+1: $57.83
CO: $61.64
Button: $28.36
SB: $51.20
BB: $49.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10.5, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $10</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($40.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $18</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $49.14</font>, Hero ??
Old 04-13-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Good flops ..... tough decisions - 3hands NL

Hand 1 - I'm folding preflop. I don't want to play OOP against a preflop raiser with AJ. Too many marginal spots there. Are you really comfortable on any flop? On the flop, I'm folding to that raise too.

Hand 2 - Preflop call is fine IMO. I'm pushing here. Top pair good kicker, OESD, and a backdoor flush draw is good enough for me. I think you might be against 2 pair, and you have enough outs to make this a good play here.

Hand 3 - Raise or fold preflop. Calling UTG unless you are positive it won't be raised is not good. On the flop, don't slow play. Lead out at that flop. I'm calling that all in as played too.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - I'm folding preflop. I don't want to play OOP against a preflop raiser with AJ. Too many marginal spots there. Are you really comfortable on any flop? On the flop, I'm folding to that raise too.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it was sooted! Seriously, I actually thought I should have reraised preflop. What is your calling/raising range in this situation?

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But it was sooted! Seriously, I actually thought I should have reraised preflop. What is your calling/raising range in this situation?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a standard 4X BB raise and I'm in the BB, I'm more inclined to call with a hand like 6-7 suited than I am with A-J suited. The likelihood of you being dominated is just too great.

It is read dependent but against an average player with 100BB stacks, I'm calling that raise with any PP, AQs, AK. I reraise with QQ-AA. And I reraise about half the time with JJ or AKs (calling the other half). Any of the regulars like this range?

If I am playing against a looser donkey, I'm expanding, but not for worse broadway hands. I can't stress enough how much you don't want to play commonly dominated hands OOP. It is suicide in this game. Against a looser guy, I may call a raise with lower suited connectors or even suited one gappers like 10-8 suited. However, doing that requires you push when you hit the flop hard and dump it if you only slightly hit it. (example, if you call with 10-9 suited and the flop is 10-5-3, you're folding to any villian pressure) I hope that helps, but it really is just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a standard 4X BB raise and I'm in the BB......The likelihood of you being dominated is just too great.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even though the PFR is on the button?
wow, I always call with AJs in this spot, unless the PFR is real tight.

I'd like to hear other opinions on this.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:29 PM

hand 1: Not sure about preflop (I think a fold is best till we get a read), as played fold flop. Another line to c/c flop and lead turn

hand 2: push flop now.

hand 3: fold or raise preflop (folding is best 80% of the time IMO). Lead flop for a PSB. Get all in ASAP before the board pairs or another diamond falls. Why on earth would you play this hand preflop if you ever think of folding on turn
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 PM

1,2: fold
3: ez call.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:26 PM

Preface: You need to bet more on the flop overall. Flop bets should be full pot close to all the time.

Hand 1: Preflop is marginal. A fold cannot be wrong. A call can very easily be wrong. I'm folding without a read. On the flop, I fold quickly. Your'e SA/WB, and you're OOP. If the opponent shows you a read of being aggro on the BN with drawing hands, then I start to like a stop &amp; go on a safe turn. Problem with that is there are a lot of turns that aren't safe, which means you're calling a lot to fold a lot. For now, I fold.

Hand 2: Becasue you have position on the PFR, calling PF is OK. On the flop, you are once again holding a marginal hand out-of-position on a very scary board. Betting is OK (but bet more), but once it comes back around, turbofold.

Hand 3: Preflop: DO NOT OPENLIMP! Especially UTG. You have a good limping hand, but not OOP. If you openlimp, you are encouraging a family pot where you won't have position. You're not going to flop a made hand (most of the time anyway [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]) so this will be hard to play +EV. Fold preflop. Maybe raise. Usually fold.

Post flop. You're slowplaying, but you don't have that much pot equity! If you check the flop, it must be with the intentioon of check-raising all-in. But I'm not check-raising normally. Normally, I'll bet/3bet AI. As played, I can't even consider folding the turn.