Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 11:01 PM

Default Re: A Subject that hasnt been discussed.

i dont think you should be leading into a preflop reraiser with ~normal sized stacks if you don't think your hand is best. so it would usually be to induce a raise, probably because the line is so strange and not taken often.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:08 PM

i think it's a move kinda like open pushing in weird spots. if you have a good idea of how the other guy will treat it you can get some great results, but it usually shouldn't be used because there is almost always a better line. against the right opponent, though, it can be very powerful either as a bluff or to induce a bluff, obviously. i agree with you, though, that it's a weird line. it's a line that's very hard to play against, though.

edit: can you also un* me? wtf?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:45 AM

I would do it if I think there is a good chance my opponent has reraised over cards like AK, AQ.. and low cards hit. Then there is a good chance your opponent will make a lay down.

But with this hand I think Hall just hates to let hands go. And he would rather play the flop aggressively then check it.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 AM

top corner, we're glad you would do that so he lays down the worst hand. expert play.

cliff notes: you have no idea what you are talking about
Old 10-20-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would do it if I think there is a good chance my opponent has reraised over cards like AK, AQ.. and low cards hit. Then there is a good chance your opponent will make a lay down.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is exactly how i expect most fish to think, and which is why a lot of bad players lead into me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 11:31 AM

fsu, I think all the conventional rules are null and void when talking about playing heads up. It becomes all about thinking a number of layers deep - and staying ahead of your opponent.

as to the specifics of this hand, I think that if H@ll was willing to call all-in with his hand, he should have check-raised all-in on the flop. there is almost no chance that Notthistime would not have bet when checked to on that flop.

that being said, it is hard to discuss the play of a heads up match between two very talented players. H@ll might even have been trying to induce an all-in bluff if he was that confident that his nines were the best hand.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as to the specifics of this hand, I think that if H@ll was willing to call all-in with his hand, he should have check-raised all-in on the flop. there is almost no chance that Notthistime would not have bet when checked to on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be results oriented, but we can use the results as one example of why this might not necessarily be true, no?

i like it a lot if you're confident you have the best hand and you think there's a good chance your opponent will make a play at the pot, which seems to be what happened here.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:24 PM

notthistime is bld? was a nice match i watched for like almost an hour, they were 4 tabling headsup. hall jumped early lead then notthistime really cameback and killed him.

very aggressive match
Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not trying to be results oriented, but we can use the results as one example of why this might not necessarily be true, no?

i like it a lot if you're confident you have the best hand and you think there's a good chance your opponent will make a play at the pot, which seems to be what happened here.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, samoleus is way off here
Old 10-26-2006, 04:03 PM

duck, I don't get it. I know that one should not be results oriented - but if in fact we do consider the results, H@ll WOULD have won the pot with my suggested line of check-raising. Obviously, Bld does not call all-in after being check-raised on the flop.