Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: Which QB?
Matt Hasselbeck (Seneca Wallace) at Broncos 4 33.33%
Chad Pennington at Packers 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: MORE POLLS

[ QUOTE ]
I still think its an easy 3 bet but you all know the game conditions better than me etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a cap?

The more I think about the more I think I could be conviced a 3bet cant be that bad assuming he has a mid PP because no one at 5-T is folding to a 3 bet on the river
Old 11-27-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK OK I hereby publicly apologize to Mr. Joe Tall for saying everyone would call this is a horrible fold and its closer to a 3 bet than a fold for sure. Clearly I was mistaken.

I still think its an easy 3 bet but you all know the game conditions better than me etc. etc.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a regular in a party midstakes I am insta 3-betting fwiw.

Its only because his stats kinda indicate he is capable of playing TPTK passive that I hate raising here
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Yes but I doubt he would cap even AT given stats. The crux of my argument was I can't see this guy not sticking in a raise on flop or turn given two flush draws on the turn and top pair with no face cards out. Plus Joe is a statistical LAG if the guy has any stats.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe my games are different but I see JJ never.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you so afraid of a ten? JJ and Tx play the same on the flop and turn, except that Tx has 3 more outs if behind.

Why would anyone bluff this river? He cant be expectin gyou to fold. I'd call and expect a PP

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx is not capping pf but JJ will, tho not neccessarily always. JJ may wait for ace-less flop and then come to life. I see your point tho; they both beat same hands except Tx doesn't beat JJ.

As for a bluff, it's a retarded bluff, but the turn put 2 fd and the river is a semi-scare, so for a spaz it's gotta be tempting.

I still don't understand a 3-bet. Guy has to call to have any value. What hand is calling?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hand is calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same ones that riase the river for value and not a bluff?

[ QUOTE ]
As for a bluff, it's a retarded bluff, but the turn put 2 fd and the river is a semi-scare, so for a spaz it's gotta be tempting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect a raise on the turn not the river with a fd.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand a 3-bet. Guy has to call to have any value. What hand is calling?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again. I am not 3-betting in this spot. But when I am, I am expecting to get called by lower pp's, other 1 pair hands and even AK - maybe even AQ.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM

I think this : [ QUOTE ]
Plus Joe is a statistical LAG if the guy has any stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

reveals a lot into this [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG should know the river didnt help us, he may also know that we know that the river shouldnt have helped him.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM

Looks like I'm one of the few who voted raise if the call button is broken. I voted call in the original poll because this could be a bluff or a smaller PP. That's still true, and if our call button is broken, I still don't want to fold. So I have to 3-bet.

What if he caps? Since our call button is broken, does this mean we have to fold even if he turns 72o face up? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK OK I hereby publicly apologize to Mr. Joe Tall for saying everyone would call this is a horrible fold and its closer to a 3 bet than a fold for sure. Clearly I was mistaken.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have taken that prop bet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 07:53 PM

"I still think its an easy 3 bet but you all know the game conditions better than me etc. etc."

"Against a regular in a party midstakes I am insta 3-betting fwiw."

also kross it depends on how often you're good, not just whether you should call given the initial pot size... math:

assume he never caps Tx so you never have to fold/lose another bet and that he always calls the 3-bet with any worse hand he has. clearly these are all optimistic for 3-betting.

x(11.5)-(1-x)(2)=0 <----- SOMEONE CHECK OK

x=~15%

so if you're ahead more than 15% you should rather raise than fold given the pot is this size, given these irrational assumptions. anyway, it is close. i'd think we're good less than 20% so i'd rather fold than 3-bet because i don't believe my two assumptions.