Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Raising cbbets with air, NLCASH!

Sharpie, if you do that, you turn your showdown value hands into a bluff. It is true that a player who does that is a dangerous player because it is not just a question of whether he has a strong hand or is he bluffing but if he has a mediocre hand. So opponent has to take another thing into consideration.

I think Cwar said somewhere in the FAQ that villain who is capable of turning mediocre hands into a bluff is the most dangerous villain. I play 1/2NL for only two days now so I haven't come across that villain at this level yet (and I hope I won't).
Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 PM

Sure you do, if your opponent is c-betting even 65-70% of the time which i find that many ABC regs do, then you should not mind building pots with hands like A7 or q9 on a q72 board at all. If not you will get run over, not only that, what hands are you repping when you raise with air then. The likelihood of air when you raise a q72 flop (if you are not raising with a7/q9) is probably 4-5 times as large as a real hand in that spot. If as this threads respondents have claimed these flops are the best to be raising with air, then any solid player should be calling you with ace high, one pair, 4 high and punish you when someone is raising this spot.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:30 PM

I also did say that raising is fine if u play an aggressive opponent.