Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Stars response on a chronic staller, with no reason to stall.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reading comprehension FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you disagree that Ryan was encouraging other players to go out of their way to eliminate this player? If I were the other player and I read this thread, I'd be the one complaining to support.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nit it up more please. Like someone took that seriously.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Billy - there's a big difference between stalling for a strategic purpose - like on the bubble - and stalling every hand, right from the beginning...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that matters though. If you're going to allow people to stall for strategic purposes then you can't expect support arbitrarily to differentiate between which purposes are "valid" and which ones are not.

[/ QUOTE ]
A new rule could easily do this.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Billy - there's a big difference between stalling for a strategic purpose - like on the bubble - and stalling every hand, right from the beginning...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that matters though. If you're going to allow people to stall for strategic purposes then you can't expect support arbitrarily to differentiate between which purposes are "valid" and which ones are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are allowed to fold whenever you want. But a pattern of folding when you have serious odds to call against a particular person can be considered "invalid", and get you in trouble for collusion.

It's kindof like defining obscene - I can't define it, but I know what it is when I see it...
Old 08-11-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There should be a rule change of some kind here. I don't know what the answer is, but behavior like stalling is bad for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about in cases of personal emergency and you can only run back to your computer after every hand? should you just sit out?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Breaking news: arxigos got the seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breaking news: King Kong ain't got [censored] on me.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There should be a rule change of some kind here. I don't know what the answer is, but behavior like stalling is bad for the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't they give a player a time penalty, like is done in a live tourney? If someone wants to stall and to slip into the money, force them to sit out to try to get there.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:45 PM

McMelchior, please kindly stfu

Arguing just for the sake of debate, especially when you're wrong and being a dick about it, is lame.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McMelchior, please kindly stfu

Arguing just for the sake of debate, especially when you're wrong and being a dick about it, is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quoting this because that is what needs to be said.

How the HELL can you guys be trying to argue with ryanghall on this matter?? Are you guys seriously that dumb? As someone said, if someone did this in a live tournament, they would probably be killed. Yes, this isn't a live tournament, but it is still poker.

This time bank rule NEEDS to be changed. It is ridiculous that someone is allowed to do this. I don't blame the player as much as I do Pokerstars for allowing this to happen. Obviously changing it mid-tournament is impossible, but it needs to be changed.

[ QUOTE ]
I would appreciate it if you would forward this to the appropriate person(s).

The link below addresses the problem of having a staller on a tournament table. While some stalling can be accepted, players that abuse the time bank function should be penalized. They not only affect other players' chances in the tourney, but also ruin the enjoyment aspect for many of the players. I ask that PS review their current policy concerning these players.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=#Post11629785

Thanks for your attention,

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, EVERYONE, take 2 minutes out of your time and copy the above quote and send it to Pokerstars.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, EVERYONE, take 2 minutes out of your time and copy the above quote and send it to Pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the sentiment guys, but I don't know if emailing stars will do anything. Bryan (tourney manager) has already posted in this thread.

Stars has shown that they're good at reading 2+2 and listening to the suggestions. Flooding them with emails, when we already know that they've read the thread, may be counter-productive...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When we review the rules and settings in place, we take things such as this thread (and others like it), email feedback, etc. into account. From time to time, changes are made, always with an eye toward improving the playing experience of everyone involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying for people to flood them with this email over and over again, but if you believe that the rule should be changed, copy the email quote, put your name on the bottom, and email once. As Bryan said in the above quote, they take email feedback into consideration. The higher quantity of people that send this, the more they should consider changing the time bank.