Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 07:48 AM

Default I post, and only get to play ONE hand????

Hollywood park tonight.

I go to the board, and the brush points me to a game. He says "one table over" and points. I go to that table and sit. I post in between the blinds. The floor comes over, and says I'm needed in another game of the same limit, because it's short-handed. He makes me move on the next hand. I protested, and said I'd be happy to move, but wanted to play through my free hands first. He instructs the dealer to deal me out next hand and walks away...

I can see where the floor was coming from. They need to keep the games evenly balanced, and the floor didn't actually seat me at my original game. It was a mistake/misunderstanding on the part of myself and/or the brush, but I think it SUCKS that we couldn't at least compromise.

What do you guys think? Should I have made more of a fuss about it? Would your poker room handle things similarly?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Re: I post, and only get to play ONE hand????

Years ago when I worked the floor I'd use lock tags and buttons to control the seating and the dealers knew to go through me if games where short. But if there was a snafu where the player wasn't really at fault I'd try to work it where you get to play to your blind. Meanwhile I'd let the short table know that you will be moving to that table in a few hands (unless someone else fills the seat). Usually that left everybody satisfied, more or less.

~ Rick
Old 08-10-2007, 08:12 AM

This is the difference between someone who knows how to run a card room and someone who doesn't. Common sense suggests that you play through the hands you paid for in this situation.

I'm from a small market that for the longest time hand only one true functioning card room. That one treated everyone like [censored]. Didn't answer the phone, all rulings were made with the intent to piss off as many players as possible, high rake, etc. There are now three cardrooms. The first one is now in serious danger and I'm sure it is the result of their previous assholeness.

I am delighted.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:37 AM

At Foxwoods I would not expect much better treatment. If you have just paid for a blind they will let you play the button before they make you move in a must move game situation. But they won't make you post again at the other table - which I assume was the case in your story as well.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 AM

I had this treament in the Trop pink game must move. On top of that, the players wanted me to move.

However the dealer kept dealing to me, and I played my late position until the floor got the hook.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At Foxwoods I would not expect much better treatment. If you have just paid for a blind they will let you play the button before they make you move in a must move game situation. But they won't make you post again at the other table - which I assume was the case in your story as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP's situation was much different than that of a player in a must-move game. OP ended up at the wrong table due to miscommunication that could have been avoided.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:15 AM

If he lets you play your 'free hands', some of the players at the short table might get fed up and quit. Then you will be picked up and put at the bottom of the list (players in the broken game will get priority).

Floor should move you and tell the dealer in the short game you do not have to post.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the difference between someone who knows how to run a card room and someone who doesn't. Common sense suggests that you play through the hands you paid for in this situation.

I'm from a small market that for the longest time hand only one true functioning card room. That one treated everyone like [censored]. Didn't answer the phone, all rulings were made with the intent to piss off as many players as possible, high rake, etc. There are now three cardrooms. The first one is now in serious danger and I'm sure it is the result of their previous assholeness.

I am delighted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't happen to live in the Cincinnati Area, and be talking about the Grand Victoria would you? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am delighted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt Mason ban you [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You wouldn't happen to live in the Cincinnati Area, and be talking about the Grand Victoria would you? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Didnt Mason ban you [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a misunderstanding, where Mason thought I was someone (else that) I wasn't, which has since been cleared up, and Mason reinstated me, and all is cool. If you want to know more (details), PM me, or ask Mason himself about it. This as this is the last I will say on the matter, in a public forum.

FWIW though, I don't understand your need to bring this up in a public forum (instead of PM'ing me in the first place), other than for a negative reason.