Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Default FullTilt Collusion Problem in Internet Clubs

In London there is a poker club called the western club (www.thewesternclub.com). This club has an internet cafe that members can use for free. It has about 30 terminals, all free of use, but you can only use Full Tilt Poker on them, nothing else.

Why does this matter?

Well full tilt does not restrict players from playing at same table from the same IP, whether in sitngoes, tournaments or cash. Many times 3 or more players at this club are at the same table, knowingly or unknowingly. Although I would venture to say the integrity of the members would prevent them from cheating, I have frequently heard of incidence of people relaying hands from downstairs, or the other room regarding hands (It is a 3 story building) I have also personally accidentally been playing in the same game as someone sitting right next to me. Shocking, no?

Of course I didn't continue playing in this situation.

In addition, what makes Full Tilts software so reprehensible, is it does not provide city names, so even members can't always be sure they are not in the same game as someone else in club.

I believe most people are good, and I'm not saying everyone is a cheater at this club, but I am calling out Full Tilt for allowing this in the first place.

Maybe FTP Doug can explain why no city names, and why multiple players from same IP allowed to play.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: FullTilt Collusion Problem in Internet Clubs

no cities protects your identity in these troubled times...

NAT: Network Address Translation. Refers to an IP sharing scheme where you have one globally routable IP address shared between several computers. Each of those computers is given a private address, which is non-routable, and the NAT device handles the translation. Most current home networking products use the term "router" to describe the ability to share a single IP address.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:28 PM

No cities is a very bad idea. At the very least you can put the americans from only america.

This is a security hole and combined with people from samelocations being able to play no problems, it is a major one.

[ QUOTE ]
no cities protects your identity in these troubled times...

NAT: Network Address Translation. Refers to an IP sharing scheme where you have one globally routable IP address shared between several computers. Each of those computers is given a private address, which is non-routable, and the NAT device handles the translation. Most current home networking products use the term "router" to describe the ability to share a single IP address.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2007, 04:16 PM

IF YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL NOT USE THIS TO COLLUDE YOU ARE MISTAKEN. I GURANTEE YOU PEOPLE ARE USING THIS TO CHEAT. ITS BULL AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:53 AM

You don't have to guarantee, I have already witnessed it. Hence the thread.

[ QUOTE ]
IF YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL NOT USE THIS TO COLLUDE YOU ARE MISTAKEN. I GURANTEE YOU PEOPLE ARE USING THIS TO CHEAT. ITS BULL AND SHOULD BE ADDRESSED.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-05-2007, 02:21 PM

My ISP doesn't give its users public IP addresses so that means anyone in my town that uses Fulltilt would show up from the same IP address.

Im sure other ISPs use this method. I think it's called a NAT
Old 03-05-2007, 02:22 PM

So then you live in small town, and there shouldn't be tow of you in the same game.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM

"Well full tilt does not restrict players from playing at same table from the same IP"

This has come up before. Emails were sent. IMO very bad practice by FullTilt as well as not showing city's.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM

I think they should use real names instead of anonymous screen names.