Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: I limpraise OOP, now what? 2 hands 200 NL

[ QUOTE ]
I initially wanted to push hand 1, but I like your line of check/folding a little better. You're repping a better hand on the flop and he's going with it.

Hand 2 pot flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-folding hand 1 is lighting money on fire

potting hand 2 is lighting money on fire
Old 01-19-2007, 01:45 PM

Stealthy,

In hand 1 your options are pushing or check/fold. Given your LRR, what hands call a flop pot that you are now ahead of? AJ? If anything its a bluff and a kinda [censored] one at that, possibly fold out KK with no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Hand 2... Do you check/fold this typically, float?
Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stealthy,

In hand 1 your options are pushing or check/fold. Given your LRR, what hands call a flop pot that you are now ahead of? AJ? If anything its a bluff and a kinda [censored] one at that, possibly fold out KK with no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

Hand 2... Do you check/fold this typically, float?

[/ QUOTE ]

The main issues with hand 1 are that we are against a LAG and we have an overpair and possible flush outs if we are behind. LAGs like to float a lot of flops with position even in re-raised pots as they love to put you on AK and try and take it away later. Also a lot of the times he will have a hand like AJ here. I would not expect him to have a made flush here and not have raised the flop with his draw. I dont want to check/call in case he checks it through with the ace or king of hearts so prefer to just shove. Also if he does check and a 4th heart falls it kills any prospect of stacking him if he doesnt have a heart and does not fire at it.

In hand 2 I dont completely hate betting the flop but the board is so dry you will get called by a complete ton of hands here and will need to hit an ace or king to be able to continue. If you do bet then potting it is a huge overbet in a re-raised pot when $45-$50 will do the same. But the liklelhood of him having an overpair to the flop and the fact that he will not likley fire on the flop with just big cards makes me much more inclined to check/fold the flop although I often take a stab on the turn if he checks behind.

Hero got himself in this bad spot in hand 2 with his limp re-raise, had i made the mistaking of limping hand 2 I would not have re-raised.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Stealthy,

I didn't see LRR in hand 2. Ugh. That is horribly ugly.

I disagree with your views of "LAGs" I think a lot of people don't really get what playing LAG includes. I think if we asked Grimm what made him lag at 10/20 FR, it'd be that fact he opens Axs from any position, but plays pretty typically postflop and rather very nitty actually. These aren't that stakes, but its not 5NL either.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stealthy,

I didn't see LRR in hand 2. Ugh. That is horribly ugly.

I disagree with your views of "LAGs" I think a lot of people don't really get what playing LAG includes. I think if we asked Grimm what made him lag at 10/20 FR, it'd be that fact he opens Axs from any position, but plays pretty typically postflop and rather very nitty actually. These aren't that stakes, but its not 5NL either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am specifically talking about LAGs at these stakes and I have played a ton of them. 99% of them suck but I may be being a little generous as it may be more than that! There is a world of difference between a good high stakes LAG and a bad low limit one. I still put 200NL in that category.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Stealthy,

Those aren't LAGs, those are aggrotarded stations.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM

I can't say that I think limpreraising a LAG that calls too many 3bets is wrong. I agree that limpreraising with AK OOP (hand nr2)is a bad idea, and I didn't had it as a plan, I didn't mean to complete in the first place (I guess I should have just called once I made that).

So, hand nr2, I checked flop and he moved in on me (which I find very weird). Every1 folding to that bet?
Old 01-19-2007, 02:53 PM

Hand 1: given the limp-reraise, I would bet more on the flop and push the turn.

Hand 2: Stack sizes are a bit too big for what you did. Normally you want to push for the pot. But you could go for a checkraise all in here. That'd be good in many high-stakes games. Maybe not in yours though. If he's the type to call with any pair, even say 66, then you may not want to do that and might reconsider your prelfop action. Hard to say unless you can give us some idea of his hand range there.