Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Response to Sklansky\'s article \"Chips Changing Value in Tournament

...hmm, I did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I came to that conclusion after watching them on like 200 hours of televised poker including the PPT where it became more than obvious. Negreanu even wrote about "playing in the dark" on his website, so I think it's tough to disagree on that observation. Basically their approach can be summed up in a nutshell: They bet that the other guy missed the flop and given the 2:1 odds, it's a good one.

Edit: I should correct myself in the way that Juanda shows the least characteristics. His style is probably closer to Mortensen although he plays tighter than Carlos.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Response to Sklansky\'s article \"Chips Changing Value in Tournament

I'm not sure what way you are talking about but they don't make close calls for big money. See my new post about the rake.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:40 PM

I meant it in a general way, not having specific plays in mind. What I noticed with Negreanu though was that he made such big "close" calls at the 2006 HU championship.

The player who sticks out for avoiding close calls is Phil Hellmuth. So could the guy they all love to make fun of have hit on the correct way to play after all? That thought makes me shiver a bit.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Snyder actually believes this, he will have no problem accepting this. I will challenge Snyder (or anyone else) to this tournament:

I will play HU with 10% of the chips, but I only have to put up 5% of the prize money.

We can play with blinds of 100/200. I'll have 600 chips and you can have 5400.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not make the blinds small compared with your stack. Say 100/200 with 6000/54000 stacks. And play the tournament 20 times (200 better). That will give him amply opportunity to use his utility value. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And why settle for 5%? You could milk him down to 2% for sure. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]