Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever pulled yr pud while reading/posting to 2+2?
Yes 31 31.31%
No 22 22.22%
BASTAHHHHH OOH OH GOD UH WHAT IT DO ugggggggghhhhhhhhhgghgahkglkcd-9897^(Uhbn 087 (6chowmeow) almosttherehjchh8y084 PT*^YT k, es08[0fusenship pit. 46 46.46%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: If you got Ladanian Tomlinson and a few of his closest friends...

[ QUOTE ]
I think you've been levelled, chap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought as much, but its soo hard to tell sometimes given the complete retardation that 90% of this forum suffers from.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Now that I think about it, it might not be a level. I mean if he was levelling, he would have said Rex Grossman, or like Orlando Pace. Like in Starsky & Hutch, when they realized the 5'9" bartender couldn't possibly be nicknamed "Tiny", as it was neither accurate, nor ironic.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I think about it, it might not be a level. I mean if he was levelling, he would have said Rex Grossman, or like Orlando Pace. Like in Starsky & Hutch, when they realized the 5'9" bartender couldn't possibly be nicknamed "Tiny", as it was neither accurate, nor ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I think it might not be a level given this dumb post from the same guy earlier -

[ QUOTE ]
if they dont wear pads they lose some protection. who cares? they also gain the freedom to exert their athletic superiority in its entirety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just in case it wasn't obvious - there is such a [censored] huge difference between tackling with pads and tackling without pads. An awful lot of the high impact/velocity tackling that goes on in the NFL would be complete suicide in a rugby game. That's not to say the NFL players wouldn't be able to adjust, but I think it would take them much longer than 6 months to become proficient at all types of tackling without pads.

Another point is - Rugby players have to play both offense and Defense. You put LT in a game - do you really think he is going to be able to tackle someone like Jonah Lomu charging at him with a decent success rate? I think not somehow.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You put LT in a game - do you really think he is going to be able to tackle someone like Jonah Lomu charging at him with a decent success rate? I think not somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fullbacks and Halfbacks do throw blocks fairly regularly when protecting the QB on a pass play. LT won't "tackle" a charging Julius Peppers (6'6" 285), but he'll be expected to lay a good block at his legs.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:01 PM

portis can hit hard as hell and im not saying that cuz im a skins fan
Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM

This thread is funny because most posters seems to have never seen a rugby game...After six months of intense training the nfl players would get killed, and it should pretty obvious to anyone familliar with both games because the differences beetween rugby and football are huge.
People underrate the athletism of rugby players. These guys are huge! and they often have great strength, speed and stamina. Sure top nfls players are probably better athletes, but they is not be a huge difference, at least not enough to seriously make up for the difference in skill.
To me, you have to make a distinction beetween the possibility of an nfl player becoming a good player after six months and the possibility of making a team out of NFL players.
After six months, LD could probably become a competitive wing. Not the best in the world though because he would certainly lacking in essential areas: understanding of the game, defense...
But you never coud gather an entire team out of nfl players. Other positions are just too complicated too play. THe Nfl players would struggle to evolve as forward. They would be required to do so much more than they are used to! they 'd be completly overwhelmed. The work of forwards in rugby is far more complicated than it appears.
And who would be the half backs? Scrum half and fly half are the two most important positions, and no player in the nfl has the skillset to play those position correctly.
And the nfl players would really struggle to pass the ball
and developp a complete game. And if you have seen a rugby defense in position, you know that no matter how big and of fast you are, you won't be crossing the goal line without creating some offense other than give LD the ball(and remember no blocking allowed).
And I have said that the NFL players would get penalized everu other play because of their lack of pratice/ understanding of the game.
That being said, it is true that you can become really good really fast in rugby if you an amazing athlete; Chabal began playing only when he was seventeen. It is also true that the talent pool for rugby players is very small, as very few people play. That being said it is also the case with the NFL. You can't compare it to soccer. SO the really question is, if Beckham wanted to play in the nfl, how many minutes of training would he need to outkick Vinatieri?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just don't even know how you guys can actally believe what you are saying.

just watch this video, it's 8 mins long but go with it. in no way am i saying this is a classic game, just a nice video of extended highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T2HsrVaO8A

you really believe that athletes in the NFL are significantly better than these guys? haha

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that video did was erase any doubts I may have had about the NFL players not being able to win within 6 months.

And you're seriously comparing this to Nascar drivers vs Formula 1? Hard to take anything you're saying seriously after that post, jesus.

Like I said, anyone who says no is just a rugby fanboi.
And you're even saying that after YEARS of practice the nfl guys still wouldn't win?

bwahahaha...you're one loyal rugby fan!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM

er, the nascar comment was a joke to illustrate how this is basically comparing apples and pears. being able to run for a route for 10 seconds does not mean you will be good at running for 80 minutes!

as for the rest of your post,

bwahahahah...you're one dumb nfl fan!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erm, I hate rugby, love the NFL and agree with almost everything Yeti has said in this thread.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing that video did was erase any doubts I may have had about the NFL players not being able to win within 6 months.

And you're seriously comparing this to Nascar drivers vs Formula 1? Hard to take anything you're saying seriously after that post, jesus.

And you're even saying that after YEARS of practice the nfl guys still wouldn't win?

bwahahaha...you're one loyal rugby fan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite seriously, you're going to [censored] hate living in NZ if you arrive with that kind of attitude. Being incredibly dismissive of something important to a country when you're obviously also incredibly ignorant is a fantastic way to make locals hate you.