Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: ($1/$2) AK TP - should I be raising throughout.

this hand is totally standard.

there's some bad advice in this thread. raise the turn "scare card"? "semi-bluff raise the river"?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:34 AM

Hah. How about Psuedo-bluff raise the river! Might still be bad advice, but now the terminology is straight.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:44 AM

I'm raising the flop for value. When the third heart hits on the turn I'm just checking and calling down.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say that it changes nothing, since it likely gives us an extra 8 or 9 outs if we are behind. I think raising makes us much tougher to read in the future and likely will get us more value when we actually have flushes. I guess at 1/2 thinking opponents aren't too numerous though, but if you always raise when you have a made hand, but never on a draw or without one, you'll have trouble moving up for sure. If we assume we never get a better hand to fold, and that our opponent mostly bet/calls when a 4th heart comes then I agree. But if our opponent has a hand like we think he does, he's almost always check/calling on the end when a heart comes. We get an extra bet in when we improve, and put the same amount of bets in that we would've when we don't anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is villain donking the A high flop? Isn't it fairly likely that he is on a flush draw as well, and made his flush on the turn?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:14 AM

It's not the fact that it's a scare card as much as a card that will freeze our opponent 99% of the time and allows us to get in an extra bet when we hit our flush, or check behind if we miss, investing the same amount of bets etc... etc...It's not something to make completely routine, I do it more frequently than I should perhaps, but I also get lots of weak call downs because of that image, so I can make more loose raises when I don't have the flush, but say TPTK and the like, and all of a sudden I get called down by bottom pair because they think I'm semibluffing all the time. I'm not saying this is right or a good idea, it's what I do, and thus far it's worked well.