Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 02:49 AM

Default ($16t) Nobody Folds a Full House in an SNG...

I did -

Villian hadn't gotten out of line before a little loose maybe 88/AT/KQ is about the range I put him on.

Flat call the flop - or push it?

Turn - i considered betting this, shutting down if called or c/r, but thought it best to see a river cheap.

River - I think I'm beat often enough to fold

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1290)
MP1 (t1460)
Hero (t1530)
MP3 (t1620)
CO (t1410)
Button (t1470)
SB (t1510)
BB (t1710)

Preflop: Hero is in MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t100</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, Hero calls t100, MP3 calls t100, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t330) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets t250</font>, Hero calls t250, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>

Turn: (t830) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: (t830) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets t600</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>
Old 01-18-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: ($16t) Nobody Folds a Full House in an SNG...

No way IMO that you should play the hand different than you actually did. I like the way you played it from A to Z. Raising at any point is spewing chips. He has QQ+/AQ+ more often on the river than air.
Without the ace on the turn, it would be a tough spot on the river, since AK/AQ might try to take you off a mid Pair and everything else beats you.
Nevertheless I`d call in a 16 without the A on the turn.

NH sir.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No way IMO that you should play the hand different than you actually did. I like the way you played it from A to Z. Raising at any point is spewing chips. He has QQ+/AQ+ more often on the river than air.
Without the ace on the turn, it would be a tough spot on the river, since AK/AQ might try to take you off a mid Pair and everything else beats you.

NH sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually didnt mention the flop, and i think were ahead here a lot and always get called by worse hands (clearly also always by better) if we raise.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 AM

IT DOESNT [censored] MATTER IF YOU HAVE ACE KING OR ACE ACE. NOTHING [censored] MATTERS. POKER IS DEAD AAND SO IS ONLINE. GO BACK TO WORKING AT FUFCKING JIMMY JOHNS AND WAHTABURGER. ONLINE POKER IS DEAD.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

NH sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

you actually didnt mention the flop, and i think were ahead here a lot and always get called by worse hands (clearly also always by better) if we raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?! Against a decent (hero`s read) UTG+1 raiser you think your JJ are ahead? And you even think worse hands call?
Wow. Pls tell me the hands a solid player calls your flopraise, that you beat. If this guy is overly loose i can think about TT. But thats about everything i could imagine.
Basically you play JJ here for set-value. We`re calling the flop only because we expect Villain to cbet with AK.
Maybe i can see us leading the flop and folding to a raise.

Maybe you can tell me the hands we beat...

(Btw. about leading the flop: I will always raise donk-bets. Donk-bets are the modern way of stealing in these days. And you can be sure that i`ll defend-raise almost with any two cards, although i still have it most of the time.
If you have a monster and want to squeeze most money out of me. PLS donk. I guarantee at least a raise
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 AM

Herc

Given OP read on the flop he is ahead of 88-TT, AT+ ,KQ.

OP

This hand plays like an overpair on a rainbow board so I think you have to re-raise/push the flop depending on your style.

As played given your read maybe a fold is good but it is a hard fold to make.