Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Absolute Poker Unethical Practices

I deposited to Absolute Poker over the course of one week about $4000 via epassporte to the site. I then I wanted cashout my balance for $2900.

They said I can only do neteller or check because they can't refund to epassporte because they don't have a away to and they are waiting for a special account so they can. (1st lie) They can't do it epassporte cause they don't have enough float to cover on epassporte I assume.

I closed my neteller account because of fraud on their part (another long story) so my only option is check now. I requested a check then. I travel as poker player and am almost never home, so a check is pretty inconvienent.

So 5 days later I'm still waiting, they said because epassporte was reviewing my epassporte account. I know this sounded like a lie because I do a much high volume regulary on epassporte for a long time on epassporte than a measely $4k, plus I was requesting less than I deposited and wasnt even cashing out via epassporte. One quick phone call to epassporte, great CS btw, and they said Absolute Poker was not being truthful because it was not possible for them to be investigating.

Then epassporte sent an email right after confirming my acocunt in good standing and that Absolute Poker had no authority to be holding my funds as they are.

Just thought I should warn everyone about absolute poker. I'm dealing in peanuts with them and they are giving me problems, I couldn't imagine trying to get significant money from them.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Absolute Unethical Practices

Why is it that low post-count members seem to have their accounts hacked into or run into these kinds of troubles moreso than the regulars? I think there's more to this story than the OP states. Also, what's up with this line - "I closed my neteller account because of fraud on their part (another long story)"?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:17 PM

I'm a long time lurker. And well known in the poker community. There's no point to spend my life posting away so I can have more credibility in your mind.

Of course you should treat what you read on a forum with suspicion, but so should you with online poker sites. There's no authority to counteract unethical practices from a poker site other than word of mouth.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:26 PM

if you're so "well known in the poker community", then you probably could have just told "THEM", and we would of course find out about it immediately here as well. right?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:38 PM

This is exactly the mentality why I don't post here.

anyway, I stated the facts, everyone can make up their own minds.

[ QUOTE ]
if you're so "well known in the poker community", then you probably could have just told "THEM", and we would of course find out about it immediately here as well. right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2006, 02:54 PM

that's nice mister big time player who has no time for us unless HE has a problem. run along now.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Unethical Practices

We've had so many "scams gone wrong" posts here lately that anyone with a problem gets lumped in with the scumbags. People need to chill on the rush to judgement a little, but thieves run rampant.

I'm sure it's a big hassle, I bet you'll get your money though. GL
Old 08-09-2006, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that low post-count members seem to have their accounts hacked into or run into these kinds of troubles moreso than the regulars? I think there's more to this story than the OP states. Also, what's up with this line - "I closed my neteller account because of fraud on their part (another long story)"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because it's mostly the new (online) players who end up running into problems like this. It follows that they wouldn't be a long-time poster at a poker board since they're new to online poker. It's the new depositors who request cash-outs that get the most attention from the fraud investigators. And these new players freak out because they immediately get paranoid that the site is going to screw them over and steal their money.

Nine times out of ten these people end up getting paid in the end. However, they very rarely come back here to tell us about it when it happens.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:07 PM

LOL
Old 08-09-2006, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a long time lurker. And well known in the poker community. There's no point to spend my life posting away so I can have more credibility in your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, um, if you don't mind me asking...who are you then? If you're well known, I'm sure that would get you a fair bit of credibility pretty quick...