Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: JJ CRAI turn line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100% agree with Jackatwork and would like to take his idea further and won't even call his 3bet. It's too difficult to play this on the turn and because of his stats, any bet he make is a mandatory fold. 99% sure he's not doing this with a bare club or top pair, you are just beat here most of the time. Trust the stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about all the Tx hands with FDs, AcT, KcT, JcT etc. Do you not think a villain like this ever raises? How would you play this hand if his AF were 3 for instance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but like someone else has said, you are either very slighty ahead or way way behind. I personally think that it's way too thin to play for stacks with this hand vs villain.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 AM

on the flop, its apparent that villian is either protecting a good hand (and the only made hand you can beat that he would protect like this is AxTx through JxTx, but i think its just as likely that he is protecting a stronger hand that JJ or semi-bluffing with AcX. If I had to put him on a hand I would say AcTh or something like that.

I think calling the villian's raise is the worst thing you can do. I probably fold it, but if i don't fold, i re-raise the flop, and then fold if get re-raised again.

this works for me because

1) i might buy the pot right there
2) i am expecting a call from any made hand that i can beat, with the exception of AxTx
3) i am expecting a re-raise from any made hand that i cannot beat with the exception of AxTx.
4)I don't mind folding to a semi-bluff club draw since i am going to get caught a lot of the time anyway.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:01 AM

I hate it but as played I fold when re raised on the flop. This is the trouble of playing OOP on this type of board with any hand that you raised pre flop that contains no club. Just move on.