Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 01:20 AM

Default $1/2 NL Live, Big Hand + Big Draw on Turn

Villain just sat down, so I don't know him and he doesn't know me. Everyone else knows that I am LP/A at this weak cash table (because LAG or TAG is just spinning your wheels.) Flop and turn plays I'd like some advice on, River seems standard. I'm the deepest stack at the table after winning 2 huge pots, villain has ~$200.

Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

4 players limp, Hero calls $2, SB calls $1, BB checks
Pot= $14
Flop = A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Everyone checks to me, Hero bets $10, 5 folds, CO calls $10
Pot= $34
Turn= 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
CO checks, Hero bets $25, CO raises to $75, Hero???

<font color="blue"> I feel like my flop and turn bets were good, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't see checking behind w/ 2 pair on the turn. Villain likely has the str8, but I have 9 flush outs + 4 Full house outs, I can't see laying this down in this spot. Villain could also check behind on the river for an easy showdown. </font>

Hero calls $50
Pot=$184
River= A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
CO moves AI for $120, Hero folds...
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: $1/2 NL Live, Big Hand + Big Draw on Turn

I usually raise this preflop, a lot of dead money, and your hand makes a lot of nice hands when you flop decently.

FLOP: Fine.
TURN: Good bet, reraise all in. 2 pair + nut flush + straight = freaking awesome!@!!!!!@#$%!

After your line though, I fold the river almost instantly.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:08 PM

shove turn
Old 06-24-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-24-2007, 10:46 PM

So, you guys shove the turn w/ a big drawing hand into a made hand with one card to come? If he had worse than 2 pair, I don't see him check raising here on the turn. If he'd have flopped that str8 and I'd have flopped 2 pair w/ the nut flush draw, I probably push that in with 2 cards to come. I think this is an error in reasoning. I appreciate the advice, but the situation doesn't seem the cookie cutter type that flopping that big of a hand + draw would normal entail. I.E. for multi-tabling online, it is probably best, for playing live with the ability to read your opponents, it may be better to follow a more passive line.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:40 PM

shoving eliminates the tough decision on the river if your flush doesnt come and guarentees that your money goes in live.
calling the turn cr is the worst line for you, because villian is going to shove every river. you are better off shoving or folding to the cr
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 AM

In this specific situation, I like a turn call more than a push (though I'd love to find a way to get it all in on that flop). Given the action and his stack size (and the limit), you've got almost no fold equity, and you're likely to get paid off if you hit regardless of the river, so if you push, you're just paying more now for the same potential return. If this is the case, calling has to be higher EV than pushing (doing a quick and dirty EV calc shows this is the case even if you discount his payoff when you hit to an additional $50. It also shows that with no fold equity pushing has a negative EV).
Old 06-25-2007, 01:09 AM

i would shove the turn but the villian probably wont fold. so i think u saved urself alot of money here
Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would shove the turn but the villian probably wont fold. so i think u saved urself alot of money here

[/ QUOTE ]

These are my thoughts too, if I have no fold equity in this spot, why put my money in on the come?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 AM

Obv, your hand is dead at this point. Its a strange play to make, and likely you were drawing to your flush outs or full house outs, assuming he didnt have AT.