Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 AM

Default NL 100 flopped flush. Value in a 3 bet?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $82
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $274.15</font>
BTN: $205.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $3</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4</font>, BTN calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($14.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $32</font>, Hero calls $22

<font color="black">River:</font> ($78.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $120.50</font>, Hero calls $90.50

Pot Size: $319.50 ($1 Rake)

he had about 60 behind. Given that there is many straights on board is there a value in re pushing here? My image is probably reckless although the deck is hitting me in the face. Only been at table 10 minutes and been busting them up hard with flopped hands and playing them fast
Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: NL 100 flopped flush. Value in a 3 bet?

definitely put it in. especially if you have a lose image. You'll see QJ etc a ton.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:11 AM

Am I the only person nervous about over 1 buyin going in on the river?

Reads would help a lot. I don't think button is going nuts with just a jack here; his turn raise seems to indicate he was already happy with his hand before there was 4 to a straight on board. I would be a lot more likely to fold to the river raise than to re-raise it. Think about it - his turn raise combined with river raise means he doesn't have a set (given board texture), and the fact that he raised the turn makes it pretty unlikely he has a straight on the river unless he already had J9 on the turn and still thinks the jack might be good. I think it's likely he flopped a flush, and according to completely random card distributions (which are generous in this spot because he's obviously more likely to have higher cards than lower ones) you only beat 21% of possible flushes.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM

I tend to agree with goofyballer here. I dont see much value in 3 bet pushing the river with an extra 100 whatever behind.
I mean if the guy is a pay off wizard or tilting thats one thing but as a standard I would say just call.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 AM

I would probably bet/fold about $60 on this river.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:31 PM

ugh i hate bet fold lines. If your going to bet and fold to a re raise why not just check call? if anything when you check he will of put you now on something like Q with K of clubs and induce a bet from any made straight.

however, at like 600nl i think bet fold lines are fine, just at 100nl people do alot of retarded [censored] especially when its not someone i deem as a regular and especially when i have been raising 85% of hands and pounding flops with a %100 cont bet rate and 60% turn bet rate
Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 PM

betting sdo weak on the scary river card can induce a big bluff from villian. why r we betting so damn small there?!?!? either need to c/c or b/f the river. id prolly just have shoved the turn tho. we have a flush and villian is raisin tha turn. if he flopped a higher flush so be it. there r a ton of people who will over play 2 pair or a set tha exact same way so idc. im shovin tha turn even tho it is an over bet.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:36 PM

I don't think I can fold this one, especially with your image. I just put it all in, cant see him fold a straight here with so many in the pot.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Never fold this. Call or raise depending on reads/stats.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 PM

i like to 3-bet turn here sometimes, but as played i just call