Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Re: POG MOLE - Isotopes Team Thread

[ QUOTE ]
kyro,

i hardly see how thats game-breaking. if anything, he just played poorly by not keeping it to himself. a bigger deal is being made than should be.

whatev

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, that was also incredibly retarded.

KM said I overreacted a bit too, but I just really feel that a game should be played straight up. If I'm in clown's shoes, I really don't go looking to see if there are any questions that don't match up. That just doesn't seem right.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:19 PM

me neither obv. but looking up answers is perfectly fine. if he happened to stumble onto the site and noticed 90% of the questions came from it, what can ya do? i'm pretty sure it was coincidental and i doubt he was actively seeking ways to identify which questions were fake.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:47 PM

I am not going to quote my pm, but it said
You DO NOT get to use any Resources to answer THESE.

Meaning that you get one question, and you can't use any resources to look up any answers, your question or otherwise.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:55 PM

meh I honestly didn't think it'd be bad to google answers once we were all done. I didn't, but I wouldn't have thought anything of it.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you guys are overreacting. i assumed he found them after he submitted his answers. i, for 1, looked up some of the answers after the questions were posted. i don't see a problem w/ him linking them at this point. what harm was done?

[/ QUOTE ]

looking up answers is fine

what he did was attempt to find the mole by seeing if every question i asked but 1 was from that same webpage...he was using it to try to out the mole by sources outside of the game

that's angle-shooting...
Old 08-24-2007, 04:08 PM

i don't wanna mod kill him for it

all i'm trying to get at is that if i were to use one site for all questions but the mole's, then posting that site to prove who the mole is would be game-breaking...that is what he was trying to do...look at his posts starting with after i gave the results...he said 'everyone post ur questions and i can tell u 100% who the mole is'...then supine posted a question that wasn't on that page, so he said supine is mole 100%...then kyro posted one not on that page, so he said one of the two is not on that page

obv i didn't just get every question but the mole's from that page, but if i did, then it woulda broken the game...and that is what he was thinking would happen

i want people to find the mole through stuff inside the game thread...not by seeing if i messed up and did something diff for mole than the rest of the players...it's somewhat similiar to seeing if someone comes on AIM when pms go out and then u know that that person is a power role...it's not illegal, but it's an angleshot that can break the game...so he's not modkilled, but i just wanna crack down on any potential angleshots now, before someone finds one that breaks the game for real
Old 08-24-2007, 04:30 PM

If a player discovers something gamebreaking, I'd much rather they begin an open discussion about the exploit (perhaps without posting the actual link) than quietly break the game by using the information only for themselves.

Had all the questions really been taken from the same website, that would be, um, a gamebreakingly bad move on the game designer's part. Assuming nobody else will ever see it is silly.

Personally, it never crossed my mind that googling after the quiz was over was off-limits. Especially as - despite what we may or may not have been promised before the quiz! - I wasn't told by nich whether my answer was right or wrong.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:33 PM

if someone finds something gamebreaking, i'd prefer they pm me about it so i can determine how to move forward; again, i'll do my best to ensure that those angles are closed off (ie don't use just one site for everyone's questions) but i may make mistakes and don't want everyone's experience ruined because of it
Old 08-24-2007, 06:02 PM

***TASK FIVE - MOLE SNIPER***

I have created a thread in which the two teams will compete, title is 'MOLE SNIPER'

In this thread, I will post Snipe Times. Your goal is to post as close to the snipe time without hitting the time or posting afterward. The last post before the snipe time gets 20 points. The 3 prior to that one get 15, 10 and 5 points respectively. ANY other posts in the thread (other than mine) get -2 points. This task will run until Wednesday at 4pm.

For every 27 team points upon completion, your team gets 1 rod; winning team gets 5 rod bonus as well...

Restrictions:

You cannot post twice in a row for your team. If you do, your 2nd post will be -5 points and both posts will not
be eligible to gain points.

Each post MUST contain the name of a COUNTRY IN AFRICA! No country may be used twice in the thread. Any post
without a unique new African country will be -5 points. The only exception is cross-posting...if u/other team

post same country at same time (within 1 minute), then i won't count it off, but the first post with that country
is the only one that will count; the second post won't count for gaining points, but will for losing points if it wasn't one of the 4 prior to the snipe time
Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 PM

You might to add if it is ok to google the countries in Africa or not (no, this is not some bitter comment but an honest suggestion).
I'd assume it's not ok.