Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: How do Americans view Europeans?

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that noone should be forced to work to benefit society as a whole, but I definitely think there should be incentives to increase productivity, and likewise, lack of productivity shouldn't be rewarded as it might be argued it is today in some of the more socialized European countries (Norway being no exception).

[/ QUOTE ] This is perfectly fine, and it is an opinion about political systems.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple hundred years ago Europeans had a choice.

They could get off their asses and move to a place where with a little bit of work they could vastly improve their lives and the future prospects of their children.

or They could just stick it out at home and muck out a miserable living.

Today those of us who descend from the hard working people are asked how we view the descendants of the lazy people of Europe.

Isn't it obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow this is so crazy.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I generally like Europeans. They seem to "get it" about the important stuff, like family and vacations and work/life balance. It's tough to generalize because of all the different countries but that's my overall sense.

I understand that you may be interested in the thoughts of Americans on this matter but I don't think you're going to get much out of it. Most Americans think about very little beyond food and tv. Plus, Americans are all so different. I'm a northern liberal. I like hockey and Democrats, I live in an urban apartment, shop at a natural foods co-op and so forth. I drive a German car. I have way, way more in common with your average European (at least, in the Western European countries) than I do with a huge numbers of Americans (maybe even most). For instance, people in the South. I have nothing in common with them. Nothing. Their accents are ridiculous, they're politically retarted and their insanely consumeristic and narrow minded.

I guess the thing I like best about Europeans is that they don't have huge political blocs in their country that are trying to roll them back to the 19th century.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is (hopefully), one of the best satirical posts on the internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same myself.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:43 PM

This thread is dangerously close to being too retarded for anything but lolcats. Don't make me do it.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and my guess is that most americans don't realise the hudge differences between the individual european countries, even within these countries there's a lot of division

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably goes the other way too.. in other words most europeans probably lump all americans together because we all live in the same country, but the US is [censored] huge, and different regions of the US are almost like different countries totally.

[/ QUOTE ]

We live in the same union... just like Europeans live in the same union...
Old 10-21-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We live in the same union... just like Europeans live in the same union...

[/ QUOTE ] Not all of us [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM

Every American wakes up and kills an Indian before breakfast.

Every European wakes up and discovers they've been conquered by Germany before breakfast.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and my guess is that most americans don't realise the hudge differences between the individual european countries, even within these countries there's a lot of division

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably goes the other way too.. in other words most europeans probably lump all americans together because we all live in the same country, but the US is [censored] huge, and different regions of the US are almost like different countries totally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're talking about urban v rural (which is always significantly different in any country in the world), I couldn't disagree with your comment more.

How are different regions of the US almost like different countries?
Old 10-21-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its definitely a valid point, but the differences between different peoples in the US is pretty miniscule compared with the differences between different European countries.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:06 PM

my fiance is European, but she is pretty much americanized. Her parents however still keep a lot of Russian ways. the biggest difference that i see is in their spirit. her family is always willing to help and have such a good look on life.

this was very similar to my relative when i visited them in Ireland.