Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 09:46 PM

Default help hero play this river

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

MP2 appears to be a calling station. PT shows 47% VP$IP and 5% PFR and AF of .57%

BB is weak-tight and scare cards will make him fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

I planned on folding to a raise. I thought this might get BB out of the way. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero??
Old 01-23-2006, 10:41 PM

Default Re: help hero play this river

I would c/r the flop. The hand plays differently after that.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:51 PM

*Grunch*

I like the hand, mainly because I struggle with these.

Good flop and good bet. I am concerned about BB here. May have hit the 7 or he's got a couple of diamonds.

Like the lead on the turn, got what you wanted here.

I am betting this river and folding to a raise. (I never can get my self to fold to a raise, but with his AF I think this is right.)
Old 01-23-2006, 10:55 PM

I would either 3bet the flop or c/r the turn.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 PM

As played by the time you are on the river there are two overcards to your pair plus possible trips plus a possible flush.

With MP2 preflop raise I'm less worried about the 7's but slow played flush or a pair of T on the turn or a rivered pair of aces are all possible.

Check here and call a bet. If you have a VERY solid read that MP2 would bet only if he had a big hand (which is true with some calling stations than you might even lay it down if he bet, but as a default I'm calling down here.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:15 AM

I'd 3-bet the flop because you want all potential flush draws to go away. Leading the turn is a good play knowing that a raise would be very bad for you. River is a check/fold because he's passive and will usually only bet if you're beat.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 AM

bet/call the turn

im pretty sure the river screwed you here. i guess i check/call and seriously expect to lose.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:31 AM

I think on this river the most I aggressive thing I would do would be: Check / Call.

The question will be whether a bet on the river is a bluff. Without a read I'd probably fold to a bet on the river.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:17 AM

Any range of hands what MP2 might be raising with in such a position pf? I'm always curious with what to do in such a river position. With such a low AF, I would probaby check/fold . If MP2 is as passive as the AF indicates, then I think even calling a single bet wouldn't be profitable against such a passive player where I would have to be good 10% (1 of 10 BB) of the time. What if MP2's AF were much higher? AF of 2, 3? Would actually betting this river outright be reasonable in such a situation? I'm curious as to what other posters might have to say about my reasoning.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:19 AM

Normally I would check this but against a calling station I like a bet/fold line.